CTS aka Britney Spears

More work on the track tramp
a reminder - ugly wheels (non-matching)
uLv3TJkh.jpg
nice shiny wheels
OmSh4r5h.jpg
I did note that it will need rotors soon... after I get the electronics fixed (window doesn't go down)

how is it that a hundred dollar hoopty has me more excited to daily then my 50k truck?editededited

Less then 3k in this as you see it. Radio works! cost $466 to get it aligned and get the new body module reprogrammed.... locks aren't working yet, but that's almost a given in my life (go cheap, buy twice).... that said, I'm sure I could get my money and then some out of it - however, I wanted a 'rental' - a car to loan, drive in sketchier places, it needed to be something fun and ride nicely. It does that in spades, that said... it ... is.... very .... slow.... yeah, I might have to do something about that.
body has 100k on it, engine 57k
Aetkkuhh.jpg
I have a new mirror for it
kYBfFodh.jpg
yep, a it's as good as tacos on tuesday because it's a manuel
71vLkmlh.jpg
no funky smells either....
OeziVVah.jpg

mark this one done-for-now

well, except take that idiotic tint off....

Its called a giubo and c5s up ctsv anything with a tr6060 (camaro) etc uses it. Mercedes bmw etc have been using them since forever
*edited* I thought we were talking flywheels.... nvmd - yeah, the damper is on a lot of cars now. I eliminated it on PF2 (Tt- it has a 2010 Camaro SS rear)

Last edited:
It is my first Opel, so I imagine there's lots of stuff on this car that's different. My 06 GTO (Holden) didn't have this design - but that was a T56. It's a fun car
There shpuld have been ine on the driveshaft. The t56 uses a normal slip style yoke with a giubo on it. I have 2 gto t56s both have ut

New brakes and flush of the brake system
Y7XJdcg.jpg
the rotors were absolutely trashed, but had new, rear pads (which I replaced because I didn't know whether they were ceramic or semi-metallic)
60KMWb8.jpg
the important lab approval process was employed
Jwj2IOO.jpg

sooo.... about the door lock...
qX3ID0hh.jpg
it really wasn't a terrible task
2wVuWc1h.jpg
but it really didn't fix anything
so the trunk won't open - either. They claim there is a valet switch - but I have no idea where it is, where they say, it isn't there.... I've done my bit, I'll take it to Cadillac to resolve the last problems - remotes, spare keys, trunk issue.