Came out, over there.

VegasJen

Formerly Known as Clutchdust
I don't expect nearly as accepting a response from the goon squad but like I said before, it's part of the process. Probably can expect a free trip to banned camp. We'll see what happens.
LINK if you're interested.

Well, the outcome was predictable don't you think.
I like and respect you Jen, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact you still consider yourself an hardcore conservative.
Cognitive dissonance IMHO.

Hey Jen, I read you (on CF) complaining about the fact being a conservative TG puts you against everyone.
You know one cornerstone of the conservative mindset is the fact that body integrity is sacred, right?
No tatoo, no piercing, no plastic surgery.
Basically you turned black but still looking to join KKK, it will just never fly.

I'm not saying you should go kiss hippies asses, just get over the fact that having a half black president didn't turn the country to chaos and yes we are boiling ourselves to extinction.
You're going through something really big and, IMHO, you should put politic aside for now.

Is this real life? I have no words for their responses..
I didn't expect much different. Actually, so far the action has been less vitriolic than I expected. But I suspect it's just the calm before the storm. There will be a handful of people who feel they have the moral authority to virtually lynch me and the mob will fall in line. Just wait. It's coming.
I like and respect you Jen, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact you still consider yourself an hardcore conservative.
Of course I do. Life experience has taught me what works and what doesn't.
Hey Jen, I read you (on CF) complaining about the fact being a conservative TG puts you against everyone.
You know one cornerstone of the conservative mindset is the fact that body integrity is sacred, right?
Basically you turned black but still looking to join KKK, it will just never fly.

I'm not saying you should go kiss hippies asses, just get over the fact that having a half black president didn't turn the country to chaos and yes we are boiling ourselves to extinction.
You're going through something really big and, IMHO, you should put politic aside for now.

I disagree with your cornerstone theory in that it might be the cornerstone of some fundamentalist religious types, but it doesn't encompass all conservatives. I know a great number of conservatives that are tattooed and pierced.
I really don't see it so much as an issue of politics. The whole theme of my rant over there is that at least learn about someone before you condemn them. If anyone meets me, talks to me, gets to know me, then on that basis, they want to hate me I may not be happy with it but at least it's fair.
All I'm really trying to do is stick up for those that are unwilling or unable to do so for themselves. And to maybe enlighten a few people that have these bizarre misconceptions about a subject which they have no understanding.

I disagree with your cornerstone theory in that it might be the cornerstone of some fundamentalist religious types, but it doesn't encompass all conservatives. I know a great number of conservatives that are tattooed and pierced.
It was not an opinion, but rather a fact.
http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind?language=en#t-1041229

Jump to 5:30 to get the point, but I encourage you to get through the whole video, it's enlightening.
Of course you can always find people to fit your particular views, but the fact is conservative people in general will have much more difficulties accepting your case than liberals.

After posting yesterday I was thinking about it. I should probably clarify my position. Economically and politically I am conservative. Socially, I'm far more libertarian. Not sure if you're familiar with the differences here but libertarian (according to some, including me) is more open than either traditional social conservatives or liberals. I'm very much a "live and let live" kind of person.

That's my boat, Libertarian.

I admire you for being able to stomach that thread. I can't. The amount of unnecessary hate is overwhelming. What a waste of energy.

But Greg, that's exactly why I did. It's that same pervasive, unfounded hatred that I can no longer sit back and dismiss. I have no desire to be an activist but I will not stand for people intentionally mischaracterize me and others based on some unfounded prejudice.
As I stated over there, if you want to hate me at least get to know me first.

And that's why I tip my hat to you. I'm very good at ignoring ignorance and hatred--probably too good--but I need to in order to keep my anger problems in check. I'd just be dragged to their level and get no where.

well, that went ,pretty good i think:rofl:
glad your a self described conservative and i accept you for who you are.many people right or left in cases like this feel this issue and others is being forced on them, and it is. unfortunately changing mindsets and gaining acceptance takes a long time, it is painful on both sides.
personally Jen, i accept you plight i believe doctors haven't explored this issue at all. a corvette forum probably isn't the best place for this, but its informative. it takes guts to be different, i was born with red hair but this beats that handily. don't change who you are , always be yourself , and remember that God Love You as much as Anyone.

The first is what you suffer from, it's nothing to do with being black, but a communist SOB who should be hung for treason....and that GW crap has been diss proven by more scientists than support that wacky crap....you better go read up on the subject, and not from Al Bore either.....

I proudly make Uncle Barry Goldwater look like a communist, and have a strong Libertarian streak......:club::clobbered:

Jen

Sorry, but I don't understand why you have "come out" on these Corvette forums that have people that you really don't personalty know?

It is none of our business to anyone's personal life.

I would think it would serve you better to do so with your close friends, family and fellow work associates.

When you changed your handle from clutchdust I was confused as clutchdust was a cool handle.

Please don't take this wrong as I am not bashing anyone and never have in my personal life and certainly not on the assorted forums that I subscribe to.

I am confused.

Last edited:
Dean, no problem. As I explained in my thread earlier this year, it's part of the process. It's not something I am bragging or in-your-face about. I really don't want to be an activist and push acceptance on anyone. But it's something that is obviously very important to me.
Likewise, it's also a good barometer of people. I judge those worthy of my association by how they react to news so directly irrelevant to their lives. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things how is this any more relevant to you than if I bought a new Jeep? Of course, it's not. But nobody would be hateful (and as in the other thread, advocating to stomp my guts out) just because I bought a Jeep.
Besides, I actually have met several people in person from both here and the other board.

i agree, lots of anti Jeep sentiment in the world :D

HEY HEY HEY, my son just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee, used of course for a few grand, and intends to sell his FUN Jeep he has run the ever loving PISS out of for the last ~10 years, all over the Rocky Mountains.....needs room for baby and wifey poo.....

:crutches::clap:

Jen,

Life is to short to concern ourselves in what makes others tick. Some people get joy in trying to make others miserable. I work with enough of them. By the way my niece Natalia is on her way to be Nate. I hope him happiness in life!

Ralphy