Brake fluid

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
What's the good high temp brake fluid these days? Ford Blue? Not the silicone crap.
George is getting some sponginess on the C-4 that goes away when it cools off.

What brand and how much you pay for it is less important than getting a good flush once a year or at least every few years.

Think fresh. I use synthetic dot 3 or 4.

at $80 a quart i'd buy $5 cheapo stuff keep it flushed good and save the money for better calipers.

Agreed, and too boot

silicone been in all my cars for some decades? now....long time anyway....

course I not racing, but I not rusted out either....

:drink:

Castrol SRF boils at about 520 degrees F. That should work!

I also have silicon in my 68. My brake pedal is hard as a rock...in all ways. There's no spongyness with the silicon and being manual brakes, they are pretty hard to push. I can lock up the wheels though. I drive without my shoes (big feet) and it's a secure feeling to wrap my toes around the brake pedal. No danger of my foot slipping off the brake pedal.

Castrol SRF boils at about 520 degrees F. That should work!

I also have silicon in my 68. My brake pedal is hard as a rock...in all ways. There's no spongyness with the silicon and being manual brakes, they are pretty hard to push. I can lock up the wheels though. I drive without my shoes (big feet) and it's a secure feeling to wrap my toes around the brake pedal. No danger of my foot slipping off the brake pedal.

Eh, I wrap my SANDALS around the same pedals, BUT I have a stock stick shift pedal , and no clutch....never saw the point of converting with the transmission....

and YES, I believer in Silicon DOT5.......:hissyfit: