327 block

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Can anybody decipher the numbers for me.
Cast # on back of the block, 3782870.
on the front pad FII29s.
date code K63.
crank # 4577.
I have this block,the 186 heads,which checked out good,and the 3890490 alum intake.
I want to build the motor and put it in my truck. Several people have said and even my machinist,that. I may not want to do this,might be somebody out there that needs these parts to make their car correct.
So,the question is. Are these parts special,in the fact that somebody might need them. Or build the dang thing and run the HELL out of it.

Any HELP. Is appreciated.

k63 = November 6, 1963

that is a 1964-65 (model year) 327 with chamfered bearings...

and so you can do it yourself - simply google the engine number; you'll get lots of listings of decipher sites

and I'd never build a 327 for a truck - it'd cost less to build a 350 and you'd have a better motor (no substitute for Cubic inches.)

I'm sure the block is worth something to someone, so put it on ebay with a fairly high "buy it now" price.... that said, even if the motor was the one that would put a million dollar Corvette together, do you really think they guy who'd buy it would tell you what you've got so you can jack up the price? :)

That said, if you want to find the guy, post the rest of the serial number from the front pad.... maybe we can find its former home

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Heck if I wanted a big motor I would build the 400 or one of the big blocks I have. This iis my daily driver. When I need to haul or pull I use my diesel.