Time for an engine upgrade in the Blue Angle 69

Bullshark

Look what just arrived in the mail. :cool:

175100152d062b0.jpg

My old school 69 has long been neglected due to its old school setup. The BB 427 was rebuilt back in the early 70's trying to emulate the L-88. High compression TRW forged pistons, solid lifter L-88 like cam, reworked heads with triple springs, ect. 411 differential 4speed manual transmission. I got maybe 5-6 mpg on racing fuel or AV gas. :suicide: Not much for a nice cruise.

174ca15931c4851.jpg

Wanting to keep with the basic theme of the car, original GM L-88 hood, and some respectable ooh- ah horsepower, I decided to go with an all aluminum BB that will fit under the hood and mate up with the hooker headers without body mod. Still in the early planning stages, so not sure what heads and intake I will opt for, but it will definitely use my Holley Dominator EFI System. Don't plan on any boost at this point.

Donnie, hurry up and finish that LQ9 project at the hanger, I will be back and ready to start when it warms up :lol:

Guessing it might be a bit optimistic to have yours and Donnies done by the Majic Dragon.

Sounds pretty serious! :eek:

Well?....serious enough I guess:amused: Now that I'm retired , Its time to have some fun doing what I like to do. Probably spend a few bucks before this wild hair gets trimmed. :bonkers:
RamJet was fun, but that was awhile back. Time for a new challenge.
Stay tuned as my plan evolves. I will be looking for input and will document progress here along the way.

174b32b7175d3a8.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds pretty serious! :eek:

Well?....serious enough I guess:amused: Now that I'm retired , Its time to have some fun doing what I like to do. Probably spend a few bucks before this wild hair gets trimmed. :bonkers:
RamJet was fun, but that was awhile back. Time for a new challenge.
Stay tuned as my plan evolves. I will be looking for input and will document progress here along the way.

174b32b7175d3a8.jpg

How about we just trade cars, THEN you can have your project, and I can get some grins......:crutches::trumpet:

Very nice. How many inches are you planning?

In the past I used World blocks but just stated my first Dart build. I like the Dart stuff much more.

shame, ruining that nice car with cheap inferior parts.... oh...wait... :D

Hey TimAT, I saw your post over on CF wrt BB Heads. I'm wrestling with the same problem on this new project. I can't tolerate higher exhaust port heads with the Hooker sidepipes I have now. Talking with my friend up at Competition Marine Center (he's the guy helping me pull off this project) we are zeroing in on Eldebrock Victor series aluminum heads. They have good flow characteristics while not raising the ports. I have little to no clearance under the side panel. He is telling me that the Dart ports are raised over a half inch or more. Anyone else have experience here?

How about we just trade cars, THEN you can have your project, and I can get some grins......:crutches::trumpet:

have to agree with Gene.... you'll get a project for the next 40 years and Gene finally gets a car with nice paint... LOL
:rain::rofl::bump::bump:

Look what just arrived in the mail. :cool:

175100152d062b0.jpg

My old school 69 has long been neglected due to its old school setup. The BB 427 was rebuilt back in the early 70's trying to emulate the L-88. High compression TRW forged pistons, solid lifter L-88 like cam, reworked heads with triple springs, ect. 411 differential 4speed manual transmission. I got maybe 5-6 mpg on racing fuel or AV gas. :suicide: Not much for a nice cruise.

174ca15931c4851.jpg

Wanting to keep with the basic theme of the car, original GM L-88 hood, and some respectable ooh- ah horsepower, I decided to go with an all aluminum BB that will fit under the hood and mate up with the hooker headers without body mod. Still in the early planning stages, so not sure what heads and intake I will opt for, but it will definitely use my Holley Dominator EFI System. Don't plan on any boost at this point.

Donnie, hurry up and finish that LQ9 project at the hanger, I will be back and ready to start when it warms up :lol:

Going to be 70 degrees on Tuesday. You are missing some fun knuckle busting.

My boss is building a 540ci with an aluminum Dart block as well. Its going in his '67. Here is a pic.

5351071f0c24a54.jpg

Last edited: