WTF? C2/C3 Wilwood direct replacement caliper

The front Dynalites don't need a adapter bracket ?? How much are the front/rear calipers incl the brackets ? The rears are $200 each plus $110 for one bracket ? That's only $90 less than the "replacement caliper" for $400.

So the replacement set is $1600, how much is the Dynalite set incl mounting hardware ?

Are the Dynalites better than these new 'replacement' calipers ? I read they're smaller so aftermarket rim fitment is one advantage ...

:bigears:

All calipers require brackets unless they are direct bolt. I will enjoy making the new ones plus it saves me the $100. Heck after building the rear hub assy for my 5 link the brackets should be easy

The front Dynalites don't need a adapter bracket ?? How much are the front/rear calipers incl the brackets ? The rears are $200 each plus $110 for one bracket ? That's only $90 less than the "replacement caliper" for $400.

So the replacement set is $1600, how much is the Dynalite set incl mounting hardware ?

Are the Dynalites better than these new 'replacement' calipers ? I read they're smaller so aftermarket rim fitment is one advantage ...

:bigears:

$110 for 2 brackets. The front are about the same price.

if i had it to do over again i'd just go with the direct replacements.

a guy over on CF is selling them for $300

the dynalites will allow just about any wheel to fit which is an advantage.

so a little over $1000 for the dynalites and $1200 for the direct replacements.... I'll do my O-ring conversion first, if I'm still not happy with that I might try the new calipers....

so a little over $1000 for the dynalites and $1200 for the direct replacements.... I'll do my O-ring conversion first, if I'm still not happy with that I might try the new calipers....

All I got is SS, Orings, HB, and no switch/valve, and the car stops on a dime with 9 cents change....course I cheat with wider/better rubber too.....

the only reason I can think of to switch calipers is weight,...have to be a whole lot of weight reduction to spend THAT kind of money....1200 bux get me a paint job.....:bump::eek::surrender:

the only reason I can think of to switch calipers is weight,...have to be a whole lot of weight reduction to spend THAT kind of money....1200 bux get me a paint job.....:bump::eek::surrender:

I agree. Stock calipers are great calipers for an old man.

1200 for a Macco paint job maybe.

:lol:

For normal driving a well maintained stock system should be fine. I'll see how much better it is with the O-rings vs the lip seals.

FWIW: The stock brake system off a late 90's F-body with single piston floating calipers is pretty darn good to stop a 3500lbs car.... might be a inexpensive solution, dunno if adapter brackets can be made/fit but maybe this is worth looking into....

BTW, my paintjob was roughly $1200 incl the compressor, gun and materials....LOL

Ok...so this thread started on 11/22/08. Been almost 3 months now...anyone get these stock replacement Wilwoods yet...or know someone who did...any feedback?

Not me, I never heard back from Wilwood on my offer to "try" them for them and write a nice report. some guy Binnie77 on CF apparently did get a free set. His personal website must have worldwide audience then.

Kind of rude that I didn't even get a reply, a no would have been okay. guess I'll have to sell my Integra 6s, 4s, IR-GTs and mech spot calipers and get some Brembos instead just to teach them LOL

I went to that web site. Says that he will post and do a write-up. That was last month. Went there yesterday and nothing.

Why would they send out a trial kit to someone with a personal website with a tiny amount of exposure? I dont get it. I want free calipers LOL

Some of these geniuses thought they got empty calipers with no pistons, not realizing that the cups are the pistons....unbelievable.

Not me, I never heard back from Wilwood on my offer to "try" them for them and write a nice report. some guy Binnie77 on CF apparently did get a free set. His personal website must have worldwide audience then.

Isn`t that one of the guys (sheep) that has posted db as a knowledgeable source of information?? Obviously someone at Wilwood drinks Kool-Aid ....

He's the one who sent the 200$ gift certificate. The kool aid strong in this one I sense