WTF? C2/C3 Wilwood direct replacement caliper

Not me, I never heard back from Wilwood on my offer to "try" them for them and write a nice report. some guy Binnie77 on CF apparently did get a free set. His personal website must have worldwide audience then.

Kind of rude that I didn't even get a reply, a no would have been okay. guess I'll have to sell my Integra 6s, 4s, IR-GTs and mech spot calipers and get some Brembos instead just to teach them LOL

Here's his website....nothing yet. How long does it take to change out a set of calipers, bleed and go out and beat the hell out of it?

http://corvettec3.ca/wilwood.htm

A Canadian site even.....the upcoming review is sure going to reach a lot of readers :rolleyes:

Install would take oh...about an hour.

I think I'll wait for his "expert" opinion before even thinking about them

I had a pretty lengthy discussion with the Wilwood "Corvette guy" who answered several questions I had. It was interesting that their Corvette guy didn't know anything about J-56, "L" pads or C2/C3 D8 pad taper issues.

I also offered to test them but I was told that they have local people for testing, so I don't know how the guy in Canada was able to get a free test set.

Would be nice if they sent a free set to someone who is actually going to "test" the brakes - I mean on a track or auto-x event. Maybe they're afraid they might not like the feedback from someone who's driving a little on the "aggressive" side ??

I had a pretty lengthy discussion with the Wilwood "Corvette guy" who answered several questions I had. It was interesting that their Corvette guy didn't know anything about J-56, "L" pads or C2/C3 D8 pad taper issues.

I also offered to test them but I was told that they have local people for testing, so I don't know how the guy in Canada was able to get a free test set.

Would be nice if they sent a free set to someone who is actually going to "test" the brakes - I mean on a track or auto-x event. Maybe they're afraid they might not like the feedback from someone who's driving a little on the "aggressive" side ??

Hell, the damn things have been for sale since last November. Hopefully they "engineering" tested and approved before they went to market. Wilwood has a good rep. as far as I can tell.

We can always offer to take a free set for testing. Anyone know anyone who bought? maybe contact Van Steel and see how the sales are going...or complaints rolling in?

Oh wow that is like so cool! So like next time i'm passing on the double yellow on a sharp mountain road decreasing radius turn and like a motorhome appears in the oncoming lane I can like just lock up all four wheels in an instant and be like totally saved! I am so going to get this setup!

Adding a Hydroboost at the same time is making the test pretty much meaningless... I was hoping to see a 'apples to apples' comparison.

Just my opinion: since most of our C3s are not equipped with ABS, if you cannot lock up your wheels at 60mph you should not drive the car on public roads and get the brakes fixed first ;)

Adding a Hydroboost at the same time is making the test pretty much meaningless... I was hoping to see a 'apples to apples' comparison.

Just my opinion: since most of our C3s are not equipped with ABS, if you cannot lock up your wheels at 60mph you should not drive the car on public roads and get the brakes fixed first ;)

I was hoping to see just a change in the caliper for an apples to apples too. How much better can it be if you just replace your stocker with an aftermarket caliper? Same pressure to the caliper when you push the pedal...no? If your rotors are true and calipers not leaking then what is the benefit for a street car? My stock manual system stops the car pretty damn good. Only upgrade (if you can call it that) is slotted rotors and a little better pad.

Last edited: