Snakeater! Are you out there?

Snakeater's last activity was 08-12-2010 11:43 PM - a couple of hours after you started this thread.

I hope for your sake that he's just not logged on, although you think a guy would be pretty quick in sending you the money. If he does stiff you, he'll instantly have a black mark against him on the forum and will have no chance at receiving anything in the Christmas giveaway etc

Jim, stay safe mate. If you have any R&R and you can get to Bahrain, let me know and I'll come have a couple of "frothy chops" with you :thumbs:

Thanks for all the kind words guys - Everyone appreciates your support!

It won't be much - but at least this old war-horse gets out of the stable for final "run."
Saudi - I'll keep that in mind! I should have access - but not much traffic - I'll post where the build is as of today a bit later - just did a temporary drop on the chassis for storage.
I will start a new thread for that stuff.

Cheers Mates - Jim

If he does stiff you, he'll instantly have a black mark against him on the forum and will have no chance at receiving anything in the Christmas giveaway etc

If he doesn't come through he's looking at a ban, we just can't tolerate that kind of behaviour. Hope he makes it right.

I've always found Triumph people to be totally honest and I suspect it's the same with Vette folk.

Likely SE has hit a snag like so many of us and is embarrassed to surface.

Hopefully he will contact with an explanation as it is a very cheap way to sacrifice your honor.

I've known a couple guys thru the years that sold their Honor for less and it can NEVER be recovered.

What was that ol' TV show? Branded! Honor or Honour can never be recovered and I hope SE does the right thing to keep his untarnished.....:suicide:

2 weeks

It has been 2 weeks now. I understand that sometimes things happen but I sure do feel cheated at this point.

What is the procedure, if any, for following up on an internet deal gone bad? Do I contact the local LEO's in Brians home town?

:sos:

It has been 2 weeks now. I understand that sometimes things happen but I sure do feel cheated at this point.

What is the procedure, if any, for following up on an internet deal gone bad? Do I contact the local LEO's in Brians home town?

what kind of distributor are you looking for?

what kind of distributor are you looking for?

I am not really "looking" for anything in particular. Brian offered a new MSD or Mallory (I can't remember) distributor in exchange for the body parts. I don't need the distributor but I did feel that I could trade it for something else eventually. It would also take up a lot less space in my garage than the body parts.....

Start with calling the local LEO's and see what guidance they can give you.

Last chance.....

UPDATE......

I called my local UPS Store and asked for Brian's info - they had it all including his phone number. I called Brian and he is supposed to be shipping the distributor tomorrow. There's more to the story but out of respect I will not post it - at least not yet. Let's see if the distributor gets here first.:phone:

I still live by the thinking that a hand shake or a mans word is just as good as a contract.

That's the way I was raised and the way I believe:thumbs:

I got kicked in the teeth with THAT one some years ago....

very long story 12 years ago, and then 10 years ago....

should have NEVER changed game plan...that's life I guess....:gurney::ill:

Course then again, maybe I would not have sent that email to Linda off some dating group, and she to reply on the LAST DAY of her freebee membership she was not going to pay up for on renewal.....

married ten years come end/Feb.....so WTF.....;-)))

I still live by the thinking that a hand shake or a mans word is just as good as a contract.

Course then again, maybe I would not have sent that email to Linda off some dating group, and she to reply on the LAST DAY of her freebee membership she was not going to pay up for on renewal.....

Yes Gene,

If I took a hand shake contract to court I would lose. It's got to be in writing. I still do business based on a hand shake, screw the judges.

Yes Gene,

If I took a hand shake contract to court I would lose. It's got to be in writing. I still do business based on a hand shake, screw the judges.

...:thumbs:

UPDATE......

I called my local UPS Store and asked for Brian's info - they had it all including his phone number. I called Brian and he is supposed to be shipping the distributor tomorrow. There's more to the story but out of respect I will not post it - at least not yet. Let's see if the distributor gets here first.:phone:
What was his excuse for not replying to you or contacting you? He'd logged in several times since you started this thread so he must have seen the PM's you sent etc...

Brian seemed a bit surprised when I called him on the phone. His excuse for not being in touch was that his work has suddenly gotten very busy, he says he trains K-9's. He said that the post office was at fault - he had a lot of excuses but the bottom line is - still no dizzy or reimbursement for shipping the bumper & spoiler to him. Brian said on the phone that he will ship the dizzy today.

I will respectfully wait a few more days before I start slinging crap around.

Lee

Last edited:
OK gang, I have run out of patience here. Can anyone tell me the "procedures" for chasing down an internet deadbeat? Can I call the local LEO's in his home town and file a complaint or is there some Internet fraud website?

some good info here:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

and here:

http://felonyguide.com/Is-theft-a-felony.php

acc. to "felonyguide" it is depending on your state's laws and depending on the value ... could be looking at a felony if the value is high enough:

Value of items stolen
The distinction between felony and misdemeanor theft also usually depends on the value of the item(s) stolen. If there is more than one item stolen, then the total value of all of the items stolen will be used in determining the classification of the theft crime. Many states classify the different levels of theft crimes depending on the value of the property involved in the crime. Most state laws set a minimum value level of the property stolen in order to distinguish between felony and misdemeanor theft. For example, in some states, you cannot be charged with felony theft unless the value of the item(s) stolen exceeds $400, $500, or some other prescribed monetary limit. If the value of the property stolen is less than $200, for example, you may be charged with a misdemeanor rather than a felony. Likewise, if you steal a brand-new automobile, you are likely to be charged with felony theft. Some states refer to this distinction between theft crimes based on property value as the different between "petty theft" and "grand theft."