Six Link Rear Suspension

The system is designed by me for my 79 C3..... and everything clear w/o problems all the fiberglass!

The system requires only some minor welding under the trailing arm bosses...... and you will have the possibility to go back to the original system.

The system is designed by me for my 79 C3..... and everything clear w/o problems all the fiberglass!

The system requires only some minor welding under the trailing arm bosses...... and you will have the possibility to go back to the original system.

Thanks Pier Paolo
No problem welding the frame or cutting the fiberglass, I was just curious
Again, like TT said earlier we should be on our knees thanking you for this
LOL
(did I write this right??? nobody pissed??) ;)

Tell me Pier Paolo,
how does the car handles differently than with the old suspension?
And what size sway or anti roll bar did you use?

Last edited:
You can't use his sway bar size since he uses coil overs, if you run a leaf you have to run a thinner sway bar, with a dual mount spring even thinner or none at all.

The suspensuon is vastly superior to stock especially when it comes to toe control. Another nice feaure is the upper camber struts, taking the halfshafts out of the geometry and using them just as driveshafts, no more sloppy stub axle/c-clip woes messing up camber control.

Right Marck!

At the front I run a tubular 42 x 2mm. sway bar and coilovers.
At the rear I run very short coilovers (11.3") and quite stiff springs (550 lbs).... so I really don't need sway bar at all.

The car is a lot more predictable than before (no jacking at all) and the bump toe control is very good (first step towards consistency).
Is quite flat on the corners (some roll is not bad for performance..... it makes the car less nervouse and more "talking" close to the grip limits).

Take in consideration that I have C6 wheel and tires.... which is a great thing for performances!!

The funniest thing is that you really can adjust the way the car will handle...... neutral, over or under-steering.... according with your feeling!

Take in consideration that I have C6 wheel and tires.... which is a great thing for performances!!

What size are the wheels and tires, backspace? did you use spacers? I see you used original calipers and rotors so no problems with clearance.

Also would there be a big difference if the bushing on the diff crossmember are not replaced by alu disks?

Last edited:
Actually I have front and rear Wilwood with 13" rotors ...... is not easy to see it in this picture.... but is the only I have!

thum_1449c16bce7f121.jpg

Anyway, in order to install C6 wheels you need 3" spacers at front and rear.
The tires are the same than C6 (245/40-R18 and 285/35-R19)

Last edited:

Thanks Pier Paolo
No problem welding the frame or cutting the fiberglass, I was just curious
Again, like TT said earlier we should be on our knees thanking you for this
LOL
(did I write this right??? nobody pissed??) ;)

Tell me Pier Paolo,
how does the car handles differently than with the old suspension?
And what size sway or anti roll bar did you use?

This is really interesting and would like to reproduce it, is there a DIY guide?

Also, is it possible to use C4 knuckles(sp) instead of C3?

In some place here (ask to Marck) there are the cutting plans for the parts you need to reproduce my setup.

Like I sed before my old PC is death..... and I no more have the drawings......
Anyway some friend here allready received the drawings from me some time a go.... so you can have it!

Basically you need to buy 20 rodends of 5/8" and the related rods.
I have used wath was avalaible in the VBandP catalog....
4 of the longer rods for the C4 setup for the front links,
2 smart-strut kit (8 rods)
2 shorter rods for the upper links

.... a lot of 1/2" bolts and nuts..... a lot of spacers..... and nearly 100mt of wire for my MIG welder!

In some place here (ask to Marck) there are the cutting plans for the parts you need to reproduce my setup.

Anyway some friend here allready received the drawings from me some time a go.... so you can have it!

.... a lot of 1/2" bolts and nuts..... a lot of spacers..... and nearly 100mt of wire for my MIG welder!

Your plans are in the download section.

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=61

Your plans are in the download section.

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=61

Ok, I have the blueprint now.
The parts are cut in 1/4" steel plate, but it is mecessary to use that or 1/8" will be ok?. The standard TA wall thickness is less that 1/8"

Thanks

The files you downloaded are not the latest revision, they are not complete. NOT all parts are there. I have to upload the correct ones, had a nasty rootkit virus a week ago and still have to recover the old files....

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a provider problem (changed house)..... but finally I have a stable connection!

Sorry for not answering to the mails..... can I help now Stingxray?

Trailing Rods /strut 5/8 Heim length

Welcome back Pier Paolo:

I thought you might have met with an untimely demise ....:gurney:. Anyway glad your back.
When you get the chance............... could you measure all your adjustment rod lengths for you 6 link ? Just the rod length............ without the heim joint's or locking nuts. I'm looking to have a set of 10 LH & RH threaded rods made up in thick wall aluminum ... sure would make life easier.

Heim Joint and adjustment rod supplier>>>>>>>>>>>.

http://www.pitstopusa.com/Categories.aspx?ID=3381

Thanks Again Respectfully GRA3 :eek: