Rear calipers, where the bleeders goes?

why are you guys comparing Denpo to DoucheBagBoy ? I can't see that he's done anything wrong ? He did not get what he paid for, regardless of the price he paid. Just my opinion based on what I read here .

why are you guys comparing Denpo to DoucheBagBoy ? I can't see that he's done anything wrong ? He did not get what he paid for, regardless of the price he paid. Just my opinion based on what I read here .
Thanks for the kind word Arthur, but I don't want anyone to get his reputation tarnished trying to defend me, that was not the purpose of my post.
I just coudn't not reply to the smearing, but as I said I don't expect anything good coming out of it anymore.
My fault was to deal with someone who was clueless about was he was selling, lesson learned.
For those comparing me to DB, oh well, I guess they feel good relieving themselves on the little frenchy (poor Canada has nothing to do with that). That was a classy touch.
Time to move on and find a new freedom caliper.

Thanks for the kind word Arthur, but I don't want anyone to get his reputation tarnished trying to defend me, that was not the purpose of my post.
I just coudn't not reply to the smearing, but as I said I don't expect anything good coming out of it anymore.
My fault was to deal with someone who was clueless about was he was selling, lesson learned.
For those comparing me to DB, oh well, I guess they feel good relieving themselves on the little frenchy (poor Canada has nothing to do with that). That was a classy touch.

Ummm.....
Just because Gene makes a statement, doesn't make it the collective consciousness of everyone else.

When did you start listening to him anyway?

Ummm.....
Just because Gene makes a statement, doesn't make it the collective consciousness of everyone else.

:hissyfit:Come on guys, I thought everyone would roll in the isles laughing....

jeez, lighten up already.....

:surrender:

:hissyfit:Come on guys, I thought everyone would roll in the isles laughing....

jeez, lighten up already.....

:surrender:
Ok buddy, I get it, everything's cool.
I Spent the day on the roof fixing leaks, that must have wounded me up if I wasn't enough already. I ended up with so much tar on me I almost had to take a paint thinner shower.
Sorry for stirring up crap, I couldn't help, even if I hate that probably as much as you guys.
Now let's call this case closed, we had enough drama for the whole summer.

Ummm.....

As soon as I could understand him, and I know he's doing effort for me to read his posts. Well, at least when he's not taking those funny looking pills that makes him see catfish on canoe.:nuts:
Peace

I don't think anyone is seriously doing that. :friends:

Okkkk, Well Denis, I still have the calipers on my shelves.

I know you told me you had some welding to do, soooo when you come we'll look at it.

We'll sit and sip some Ricard, it'll make you feel better..;-)

And I though I was done.....

Oh boy, not so.
Karsten told me to check how fit was the mating between the two halves of my calipers.
At the time I did this on the front calipers, but not on the rear ones.
After finding out my rear driver side caliper was made of wrong halves, I started to doubt of the quality of the parts M. Caveman sold me.
And I did good. After disassembling the passenger rear caliper I discovered the two half was not matching at all. Looks like the mating surface of the outer half had been grinded with and angle, grinded so much the two half are actually rocking against each other when put together, scary thing.
So, good thing I had two passenger half, so I could do a swap. Much better now.

Now come the new rear driver side caliper I bought locally. It looked good, but after further inspection I discovered the outer half's bleeder seat have been crushed. I don't know how they did, but the bleeder can be screwed all the way down and still not reaching anything. It will obviously leak.
I could bring the caliper back to the guy who sold it to me, but it was the only one he had left, so I would get a refund, but will be back to square one. Since the caliper is otherwise in good shape, I'd first try to get the bleeder fixed.
All the bleeder repair kits I found was about drilling a bigger hole, tapping it and inserting a piece that act like a new seat.
Problem is the "walls" around the bleeder hole are very thin already, I'm afraid enlarging it would make the caliper crack.
Repair kit for 5/16-24 bleeders require tapping the hole with a 1/8 NTP, this would leave pretty no material. There is also repair kit for 1/4 bleeder that would be a little smaller.
Any ideas?

Any ideas?

here you can find numerous size bleeders and repair kits:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/2011/087.pdf

Repair kits are usually for stripped threads but it sounds like your threads are fine ?? Is the thread size 3/8? They sell the bleeders in 1.25" and 1.50" length, maybe the longer bleeder works for you ?

I've checked and the bleeder thread is 5/16-24, it seem to be the standard bleeder size on C3's calipers.
I've looked down the hole and not much remain of the seat, almost a straight hole all the way down.
Yeah, the thread are still good, too bad there is no replacement seat I could screw down there, a little piece of bronze with a hex hole in the middle for and small allen key.
Maybe having such piece machined.... but it won't be cheap.

Any ideas?

here you can find numerous size bleeders and repair kits:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/2011/087.pdf

Repair kits are usually for stripped threads but it sounds like your threads are fine ?? Is the thread size 3/8? They sell the bleeders in 1.25" and 1.50" length, maybe the longer bleeder works for you ?

I've checked and the bleeder thread is 5/16-24, it seem to be the standard bleeder size on C3's calipers.
I've looked down the hole and not much remain of the seat, almost a straight hole all the way down.
Yeah, the thread are still good, too bad there is no replacement seat I could screw down there, a little piece of bronze with a hex hole in the middle for and small allen key.
Maybe having such piece machined.... but it won't be cheap.

Take the screwed up pieces, make a core, and exchange it at the parts store. FAR cheaper than fookin around with machining.:wink:

You paid core price for your calipers. Why not return the one you bought locally and trade in the ones you bought from the caveman for a new set. You won't be out much more money then if you had paid the core charge out right. VBP warantees them for a year with shipping on thier dime.

This kind of shit happens all the time when buying old used parts especially when you get the parts cheap. Coming to the forum and throwing a tantrum about it and threatening to trash the name of another member just makes you look like a little bitch. Being cheap isn't so bad, but you can't always do things cheap with old cars.