Rear calipers, where the bleeders goes?

Thing is I already had the other (inner) half caliper changed months ago, when I realized the vendor sold me two rear passenger caliper.
He proposed to only swap the inner half arguing the outer ones was interchangeable.
Well, not so.
Indeed, the outer halves are NOT interchangeable due to the crossover passage. You need a passenger side inner and a passenger side outer calipper half to use it on the passenger side.
So back to square one.
It will be the second time I'm sending back those heavy halves back to the US, the more it goes the less good the initial deal becomes.
And one more delay *sigh*
:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

I agree, this is frustrating especially with the high shipping to Canada. I feel that the vendor should make it right, I don't see how it's your fault that he/she shipped a wrong calipper to begin with and then only replaced one half.

Arguing the outer halves being interchangeable: it's ok to make a mistake or have a brainfart every now and then...it's human, it happens to all of us.... the halves are not interchangeable and the photos in this thread show this clearly. Maybe you can send these photos to the seller so he/she can see why these caliper half won't work?

Have to agree here, their mistake, I think they should make it right. At the very least they should pay the US shipping rate, but that's the very least they should do. To make it right, you should have a complete, correct caliper sent to you no expense.

Have to agree here, their mistake, I think they should make it right. At the very least they should pay the US shipping rate, but that's the very least they should do. To make it right, you should have a complete, correct caliper sent to you no expense.
By forum member I was referring to an individual, not a company.
My bad, I should have been clearer.

I hope you guys can sort this out.....

... before you exchanged the inner half you had two usable passenger side calippers and you could have sold one... now you got two mismatched halves that are completely useless...

Whoops. Just the way I read it I thought you bought from a supplier. Hope the member steps up and at least comes up with a fair solution for you both.

Whoops. Just the way I read it I thought you bought from a supplier. Hope the member steps up and at least comes up with a fair solution for you both.
Well not so so far.
He shamelessly asked me to pay for shipping back the wrong half, and pay the shipping of the right part.
I replied "no way", since I already paid the shipping for the first fix attempt, it was his time to fork out some cash to have the situation resolved.
Now Mr Smartass plays dead, no more PMs.
Since I know he's reading the thread, let's make this post a ultimate warning:

Dear no-so-trustworthy seller :
If you don't stand by you words by the end of the weekend, no more respect, I'll post your name and trash you reputation.
It's not like I didn't warn you.
And by the way, an little advice for you : telling you're sorry won't hurt. It's just 5 letters to type, it's not that hard.

from what's posted here it sounds like the seller already tried to make it right, however he made the mistake to assume the outer half is the same left/right. Humans make mistakes, no big deal.
I once sold a exhaust "assuming" it fits the guys car, when it didn't fit I refunded his money incl shipping both ways. I lost money on this deal but it was my mistake so I had to make it right.
I just hope you guys are not getting into a pissing match over this.

my story: once upon a time (like last year October) there was a guy in Canada named denpo/denis who wanted a set of sleeved calipers but denpo/denis didn`t want to pay what the caliper vendors charge, he didn`t want to pay what the vendors charged for shipping, he didn`t want to pay duty on what the vendors charge, he didn`t want to pay shipping to send his cores in and he didn`t want to pay the $200 core charge (starting to see a pattern here?). so this very bad guy thought he could sell denis a set of cores and save him some money (and get rid of a set of caliper cores), vendors do not sell cores they sell complete calipers but denis likes to call this bad guy a vendor to garner some sympathy because you know how we all hate "vendors". this very bad guy jumped through a few hoops to save denis some money on shipping and last October sent him eight caliper halves. unfortunately this bad guy made an error he sent denis some of the same rear calipers halves, denis asked this bad guy to send him a correct caliper half and LAST YEAR this bad guy drove an hour down and an hour back and traded a complete caliper for the half denis wanted and mailed it to him, now one might think that denis who posts asking how to do everything short of taking a crap might do some research and ask his friends at VM about rear calipers and if he could just swap a half, one might also think that denis would take a few minutes to look at his rear caliper halves and ask this bad guy to send him a whole caliper not just a half (but like me) you would be wrong. It`s obvious that this bad guy who happens to have 481 positive feedbacks and a 100% rating on ebay and who has sold countless Corvette parts to many of you doesn`t know WTF he is doing but no denis didn`t ask anyone anything. so now here we are (what) eight months later and denis decides he "thinks" he is going to threaten this bad guy after this bad guy offered to get him the correct caliper half but asked him to pay part of the shipping ($20). come to think of it if you remember a trailing arm thread denis had where he asks if can use a set of rotten rusted to hell pair of junk trailing arms I sort of think it was this same bad guy who saved denis some money once again and sold him a set of good genuine GM trailing arms at a deal and of course jumped through a couple of hoops to get the best deal on shipping and the best deal on his having to pay duty......see denis just threatened a guy who doesn`t take kindly to threats but if that is what you need to do to feel like a man then this bad guy says GO FOR IT but keep in mind you might be looking for a caliper half from someone other than this bad guy.

signed, a very bad guy

So, correctly me if I'm wrong, but if I read this correctly:
There was an honest mistake, and, after you were told what it would take to rectify the error, you sent, at your own expense, the asked for parts.
Now, the asked for parts were not the correct solution.
Am I getting this right?:suspicious:

Itl flat rate box is the cheapest usually, think it's like $34.95 for the smaller one.... it's definitely not worth shipping stuff back and forth.... if it's $40 to ship both ways you might as well just go to the parts store and buy a rebuilt one for $70 (at least that's what these cost at AutoZone)

OK, well looks like this could very well turn into a nuclear conflagration with international implications.
I think I'll just sit back and :stirpot:

Alright, so here's is an answer finally. It really take lot of trash to make you move.
First note I took care not to name you, so this could be dealt privately. But no, you prefer to post on the forum. That's your call.
I'm gonna do you a favor and paginate your post, it's really hard to read like this, don't worry I won't change a single letter you wrote.

my story: once upon a time (like last year October) there was a guy in Canada named denpo/denis who wanted a set of sleeved calipers but denpo/denis didn`t want to pay what the caliper vendors charge, he didn`t want to pay what the vendors charged for shipping, he didn`t want to pay duty on what the vendors charge, he didn`t want to pay shipping to send his cores in and he didn`t want to pay the $200 core charge (starting to see a pattern here?).
What's pattern? that I'm on a budget? Hell yes I am.
That why I turned to forums vendors instead of getting ripped by lonestar or such. I bought my own piston and seal and everything, I spent hours cleaning the calipers and rebuilding them.
What's wrong with that?

I never said I didn't want to pay for shipping! Where the hell did you get that from ??? I bought tons of part for my resto, mostly from USA, I know what shipping costs. You told me a shipping price and I paid it without a complain.

so this very bad guy thought he could sell denis a set of cores and save him some money (and get rid of a set of caliper cores), vendors do not sell cores they sell complete calipers but denis likes to call this bad guy a vendor to garner some sympathy because you know how we all hate "vendors".
What you do you mean there? that you have a pair a core to get rid of and you sold them? Well, isn't it just fine? And I'm not looking for sympathy, I know I rather gonna loose some.
"vendor" is just another word from a language which is not my first one, it could be "seller", "the guy who sold me"....irrelevant argument.
this very bad guy jumped through a few hoops to save denis some money on shipping and last October sent him eight caliper halves.
Few hoops? which ones?
You fist requested a business address for sending by Fedex, I provided you one. Then without letting me know you decide to go UPS instead, I paid an extra 60$ upon reception. But I didn't complain.
unfortunately this bad guy made an error he sent denis some of the same rear calipers halves, denis asked this bad guy to send him a correct caliper half and LAST YEAR this bad guy drove an hour down and an hour back and traded a complete caliper for the half denis wanted and mailed it to him
I didn't know that, and I feel sorry for you, but yes you did a error, and I didn't give you crap for that at the time.

Here comes the key point:

So basically at that time we had some kind of mismatch on calipers.
The real question is who decided to only change one half.

I went through all the PM we did exchange, and found the key conversation :

me:
"Hi redvetracr,
Do you remember those SS sleeved caliper you sold me recently?
Could it be possible that you would have mixed some parts?
Upon reassembling the parts and comparing them to the old calipers, it looks like the two rear caliper are passenger side.
I know I should have checked earlier.
Do you have more of these? Look like exchanging just on halve could fix the problem.
Let me know"
Denis

Your reply (no less, no more):

"look again, the outer halves are the same, the only difference in inners is the hardline goes in the back and the bleeder goes in the front, they look almost identical."
Howard

So yes I did a quick look, and yes I naively proposed exchanging the inner half, to save US money, and you just comforted me in my thinking. You was wrongly sure the outer halves were the same. So why me the newbie would challenge this. And don't tell me otherwise, you just said it again earlier in this thread.
, now one might think that denis who posts asking how to do everything short of taking a crap
How classy. Allright then.
might do some research and ask his friends at VM about rear calipers and if he could just swap a half
Wanna know why? Because I found it would have been insulting. You sounded like a established member of the corvette world, I though you knew what you were doing. I didn't want to seem mistrusting you because I didn't have reason to do so.
, one might also think that denis would take a few minutes to look at his rear caliper halves and ask this bad guy to send him a whole caliper not just a half (but like me) you would be wrong. It`s obvious that this bad guy who happens to have 481 positive feedbacks and a 100% rating on ebay and who has sold countless Corvette parts to many of you doesn`t know WTF he is doing but no denis didn`t ask anyone anything.
So you're a "vendor" or your not? You gotta decide.
Yup I didn't ask, sadly I just did trust you
so now here we are (what) eight months later and denis decides he "thinks" he is going to threaten this bad guy after this bad guy offered to get him the correct caliper half but asked him to pay part of the shipping ($20).
3/4 of the shipping dude, I still need to send you back the wrong half. THEN you send me the right one back for 20$.
And no, an half shipped is not 40$ of shipping. Much More like 25$.
come to think of it if you remember a trailing arm thread denis had where he asks if can use a set of rotten rusted to hell pair of junk trailing arms I sort of think it was this same bad guy who saved denis some money once again and sold him a set of good genuine GM trailing arms at a deal and of course jumped through a couple of hoops to get the best deal on shipping and the best deal on his having to pay duty......
I did thank you and I thank you again for the TA, they where in good shape, and I did never hesitate to praise on the forums until now your good deals. But don't overestimate yourself, your TA have been for sell for a while on CF.
Come on, I'm reading you and I come to think you're running a freakin' charity.
And what again about the hoops, man, don't you remember what you wrote about the TA's shipping price by USPS :

looks like $75.....UPS is about $20 cheaper

And I took USPS, the more expensive one. I think I get it now, it's EASIER for you to send by USP. If taking package to the nearest post office and filling a custom form (name, address, type of good,declared value) if such a hassle for you, do yourself a favor and stop selling to Canadians.
see denis just threatened a guy who doesn`t take kindly to threats but if that is what you need to do to feel like a man then this bad guy says GO FOR IT
Ok, let me translate : You don't give a damn fuck.
I did notice, thank you.
but keep in mind you might be looking for a caliper half from someone other than this bad guy.
Like if I didn't know that could shove those two mistached halves up my ass. I'm not that dumb, just slowly learning. I guess a caliper is a fair price to learn who cares and who don't.
-Only takes postal check (you better be trusting the seller and the postal system)
-Ship the way he want disregarding recommendations.
-Never more than 2 lines in an answer (except this one, you must be exhausted)
-Never sorry
Yeah, I do see a pattern.
You may have good stuff, but you selling methods are from the stone age.
signed, a very bad guy
Booo boooo.
As you wish man, you wanted to make it public, I couldn't but reply public too.

Look, you just got away with it, Congratulations, woohoo.
I'm done, tired to deal with Howard the caveman.

:quote:the good guy:quote:

I forget. Is this about calipers, or the budget crisis. Sounds the same to me.:lol:

1) This feels like CF of old.
2) Just call me Switzerland.
3) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDrqa-eTXU&feature=fvst[/ame]

Didn't say it was a CF exclusive, but this forum tends to be a little more congenial. But speaking of MoFo's that stir crap all the time... :pprrtt: