Really Bad Day

I used my Ipad and the pics are huge... had to safe the pics and then re-open in the Apple photo viewer....

and yes tjis might turn into a project.... it's a '74 big block ?? hell, I'd put blood, sweat and tears in the rebuild LOL ... it's never going to be a emission testing issue, for that reason alone it's worth keeping :thumbs:

That's terrible, glad you 2 are ok. That was such a clean well done car

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I used my Ipad and the pics are huge... had to safe the pics and then re-open in the Apple photo viewer....

and yes tjis might turn into a project.... it's a '74 big block ?? hell, I'd put blood, sweat and tears in the rebuild LOL ... it's never going to be a emission testing issue, for that reason alone it's worth keeping :thumbs:

The pictures
On one of my desk top xp it also came out large, on my wifes i phone it was large. on my droid it was fine. on two other desk tops 7, and vista, and on the lap top it was fine must be in the programing...... I will check when I get to the office.

This is why we can't get too attached to these things. My wife won't ride in the vette any more which is probably a good thing.

This is why we can't get too attached to these things. My wife won't ride in the vette any more which is probably a good thing.

Nobody in my family will get in the vette....they think it is about as safe as a go-cart with a race car engine.......come to think of it, that is a pretty good description:lol:

Nobody in my family will get in the vette....they think it is about as safe as a go-cart with a race car engine.......come to think of it, that is a pretty good description:lol:

In the past I have thought of my 'Vette as a sexy, high powered fiberglass coffin. It was the day I found myself terrorizing a rice rocket at 135 mph on a public highway. I don't do that any more, I scared myself. Now I pay my fees and take it to the track, much safer that way...

can you get a new insurance rental vette for the bird run ? seems fair

I think i did something similar years ago but got lucky. Making a left onto street, punched it, rear end broke loose, i over corrected and hit the curb straight on. Cracked the frame in the area of the power steering pump.

These cars are a bich to recover once out of shape.

Last edited:
Turtle- I got a bunch of red "X"'s and no pictures.

beats me what the hells going on with that website. I see the pics embedded in the post just fine.

don't know. We'll host them on VM. that should work.

404f9f5978bfac4.jpg

404f9f59791293e.jpg

404f9f59795481e.jpg

404f9f5979989cc.jpg

404f9f5979dc3d7.jpg

404f9f58f7820df.jpg

Last edited:
I think i did something similar years ago but got lucky. Making a left onto street, punched it, rear end broke loose, i over corrected and hit the curb straight on. Cracked the frame in the area of the power steering pump.

These cars are a bich to recover once out of shape.

Same shit, but trying to beat one of them 5 minit lights, cut the left at speed, alone in the car, rear kicked out, over corrected, it came back with a vengence, but having that rack, I caught it, and over corrected yet again, so back out to the right again this time the muvva fucker went 180 on me and I was on the brakes by that time, lucky me, the road went from two lanes to THREE with a shopping center turn off lane so I was going the rong way, I turned around and sheepishly drove to whereever and wash my shorts, change underwear.....

:harhar::suicide:

Can't tell by the pics, but if the doors still fit well and the ttops fit well, then the damage is fairly easy to repair. Those are the killer areas.

Frame may well still be straight. Looks like front core support etc was ripped loose and front glass went up and back with it.
You can have the frame checked (front clip off) and decide from there if the numbers work for you.
Personally, I would fix it, even if the frame needed a little tweaking.

Glad you weren't hurt.

Can't tell by the pics, but if the doors still fit well and the ttops fit well, then the damage is fairly easy to repair. Those are the killer areas.

Frame may well still be straight. Looks like front core support etc was ripped loose and front glass went up and back with it.
You can have the frame checked (front clip off) and decide from there if the numbers work for you.
Personally, I would fix it, even if the frame needed a little tweaking.

Glad you weren't hurt.

That is what I have in mind. the insurance called yesterday morning (home phone) not my cell. So I should get a call today Lets see.

I can see a little frame damage in the front area but will need to remove the clip before I can tell how bad, and will need a person that knows what they are doing to look at it.

Trailer it up to J&D, and see what it's gonna cost. IMHO, the ins pay out will be too low to repair without tossing in some $$$. Knowledge is power, find out the options.