A dumping ground for my rambles

Years ago over 'there' wasn't your wife on the forum for a while??

Violet??, some color name... at any rate the handle is gone some time now....

been a while, you the guy over in Korea for a while, watching the commies watch us???

:search:

That would be me, and my wife's name over there was violetlion. She doesnt post on internet forums anymore.

Bought a solid cam from cammotion:

RECOMMENDATION
Grind Number S2461-2531-10+4
Duration (intake/exaust) 246/253
Lift (intake/exaust) .560/.541
Lobe Center Separation 110
Intake Centerline 106
Comments valve lash .024 on int. and exh.
Price US$$177.00 + frt.

I need a few more injunes and a decent 1" bench top belt sander, and cash.

I need a few more injunes and a decent 1" bench top belt sander, and cash.

Ask that Indian guy....Cash-Carry there in charge of handing out all that CASH.....maybe he can help you.....:p:shocking::beer:

I bought some Dart Iron Eagle 180cc heads off the fleabay the other day. Based upon everything I read that Grumpy posted and everything I could gather by looking at various cross section torque calculators and formulas I determined that they were the best casting to being porting from.

The bonus was the pair of heads was like 350 bucks, and they were already cut for the 2.05" valve i wanted.

The 180cc heads were already really good and wet flow testing showed them to be as good as their new platinum line so they didnt get updated. So this was a bonus to me.

So here is what I have determined.

I need a port that has a cross sectional area of 2.46" and a length of 10.5" inches and I need 282 cfm of flow give or take.

I also got some beehive springs and a cam so bonus there.

Now all I need is rods and I have all the major components and I can start working on the details like bearings and rings and fasteners, fuel pump, air cleaner, *cough* Hood *cough*

Slowly but surely. Its going to be a Ford Rod too. Take THAT establishment.

Guru,

I'd like to see you make a new year's resolution to actually install some of the parts you've been buying.

I'm getting the impression that you have some sort of engine parts shopping fetish going on.

I'm guilty of this too. I have an aluminum block that has been sitting for several years that i may never do anything with. If i'm unable to convert it to wet sump, i'm thinking now it'll go in the jet boat so it won't be a total waste of money.

Last edited:
I do revel in the obscure. and yes I will eventually have to liquidate a lot of stuff.

Doesnt moroso make a remote pump wet sump oil pan and other related bits?

Last edited:
Got my heads last night. Much nicer casting than the last one.

I had those ported. Fresh out of the box they had some problems.