Willwood D8

I may have to spring for this. I was going to do it later but this is a pretty good deal. Anybody have any input on 4 piston vs 6 piston?

Wilwood has not responded to my email ... I'll give them another day, I noticed a few times today I couldn't get to their website... maybe they're busy.... :skeptic:

beginning to get really annoyed with these guys, I emailed from two email accounts to ensure it's not in their spam filter (junkmail) .... no reply within 48 hrs.... just called and was on hold for over 10 minutes..... got annoyed and might try again tomorrow.... I guess they're too busy taking orders..... :skeptic:

I think Summit/Jegs will price match - with those guys you definitely get an email response or somebody on the phone :bounce:

beginning to get really annoyed with these guys, I emailed from two email accounts to ensure it's not in their spam filter (junkmail) .... no reply within 48 hrs.... just called and was on hold for over 10 minutes..... got annoyed and might try again tomorrow.... I guess they're too busy taking orders..... :skeptic:

I think Summit/Jegs will price match - with those guys you definitely get an email response or somebody on the phone :bounce:

Why not Call VanSteel with your questions?

finally got somebody in their sales dept on the phone and placed my order :D

They're quiet busy and they'll ship in about 5-6 weeks ... shipping is a flat rate of $30 (UPS)

I would have bought from VanSteel but the brakes would have shipped from the same guys in CA, the only difference is I would have paid over $70 sales tax....

Cool. Did you get the D8-6 or 4 for the front?

Well.... the Wilwood tech guy and I agreed that I won't be noticing a huge difference during normal street driving. Under heavy braking (autoX for example) the pad pressure will be more even with the D8-6 on the front... ok, on my C6 the pads lasted 50000 miles and they're still not worn down and not worn uneven....
I realize it is overkill but for $100 difference I went with the 6 pistons up front....

Mine are on the way! Complete set with rotors. :yahoo:

I ordered the clear finish on the calipers so not such a big savings for me. :(

ordered mine in red powdercoat.... now that I'm installing these fancy calipers I might as well show off :D

Going to use DOT3 fluid instead of the silicone fluid so pedal should feel better :D
Why not DOT4? that's what I just did.

I meant "regular" brake fluid, DOT 3 or 4, just not DOT5 silicone anymore. DOT3 and 4 are both corrosive so in case of a leak that stuff eats your paint off the calipers, trailing arms, front suspension and causes some ugly rust... I don't think I'm going to use my homemade pressure blessed with DOT3 LOL

With the new calipers I should have a system that I can bleed normally and that doesn't leak so we'll see ....

Probably a bit late to chime in with this, but I got mine from TCE. Their price was cheaper than anyone else and the service was first rate. Tod is the guy I dealt with. It was also quite a bit cheaper to ship the parts in 2 boxes rather than 1 large one, (I got a m/cyl as well).

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/

Doug