Willwood D8

Could either of you guys tell me what size (length) mounting bolts did wilwood suply for the front callipers?

Thanks, Doug

Could either of you guys tell me what size (length) mounting bolts did wilwood suply for the front callipers?

Thanks, Doug

No mounting bolts were supplied. I assume you use the stockers?

By the way, it looks like I'm going to need to shim the rotors. Any suggestions for what material to use for the shims? I was quite surprised that I still had the original rotors; I had never noticed that the rivets were still there.

I got four bolts with the kit.... I was wondering if these are for the front or rear.... guess I'll see when I get there....I plan on installing these on Friday :D

You ordered new rotors? I assume those are the ones you want to shim ???

Before you start adding shims: measure runout and if it's bad move the rotor two holes over and measure again.... I got mine perfect using this method, no shims added....

Is the mating surface clean ? I'd rather polish the high spot on the hub... if you take .001" off the hub (high spot) it will make a big difference at the rotor pad contact surface which is 5-6" further outboard....

Is the mating surface clean ? I'd rather polish the high spot on the hub... if you take .001" off the hub (high spot) it will make a big difference at the rotor pad contact surface which is 5-6" further outboard....

I filed and steel wooled with penetrating oil. I checked the runout on the hubs and they are both at about .004"-.005". I've already tried rotating the rotors and it makes no difference - same runout and the low spot never moves in relation to the hub.

Did you try clocking them different positions?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Shims are going to be fine ... It's just personal preference, I'd rework the spindle or hub surface and take the runout out then thread the holes and bolt the rotors to the spindle just like Gary does ... I was lucky that my rotors and hubs had some runout and clocking fixed it

Can they put the hub in a lathe and cut the face just enough to true it up?

I don't know if there are any other cars that bolt or rivet the rotor to the hub. But i understand that it could be a feel good type of thing.

I don't know if there are any other cars that bolt or rivet the rotor to the hub. But i understand that it could be a feel good type of thing.

:1st: I think that would be the best solution. I'm just too lazy to press out all the wheel lugs and find somebody to do it. With so many people having this problem you would think somebody would offer this service. I guess I need to buy a lathe and make up a couple arbors and start a business.

yes, but that's the 4 piston front calipers, the 6 piston front/4piston rear is $949 .... Ecklers gives another 15% discount on that price ?? wow..... on the $949 they'd give 20% off..... I'm guessing that these items are excluded but maybe you're lucky....

:1st: I think that would be the best solution. I'm just too lazy to press out all the wheel lugs and find somebody to do it. With so many people having this problem you would think somebody would offer this service. I guess I need to buy a lathe and make up a couple arbors and start a business.

Just spoke with Mike Dyer a couple days ago. He is setup on his engine lathe to true up hubs. So I'm shipping my hubs to him along with the Wilwood rear rotors. He's going to reface the surface for the emergency brake. Its kinda rough now. Mike definitely knows his shit. A whole lotta knowledge there.

I'm guessing that these items are excluded

I think so too, they make these promotions to get rid of overstock and these are shipped from Wilwood, so no difference on Ecklers inventory.
I'll check later today for sure.

Might not be the best time for me to bring that expense but damn!

I placed the calipers in the "cart" and tried to apply a coupon code, none of the three worked.... I'd call and ask... just play dumb.... offer of 20% should be good until July 2nd as advertized....

Also, if you join their "reward club" you get 10% off anything over $750 .... so you should at least get 10% off....

You guys that bought the Wilwood kits. What do you think? Worth buying? The good the bad, and the ugly please.

Thanks!