Two blocks from home

Well, unfortunately, this is just the normal progression in the US. Most urban cities were nice places to begin with, but as the neighborhoods got a little older, people started moving a little farther out to a new home and renting their homes. Anytime you get alot of rentals or apartments, the neighborhood starts to decline. Hell, thats why Orange Co. is there at all. Peoples leaving LA. Well, now, it is catching up to us also. Most every place is just being over run with vast numbers of people. And not generally the highest class of people. So, ultimatelly, the decent, working people are just getting squeezed. I don't think there are too many places is Southern Cal. that are more than 2 miles from a high crime slum area, and most are alot closer. And when the shitty areas lose their shopping, guess whose area they travel to to shop?
This is just the way it is, and I don't think it can be stopped. The rich will always have nice areas--and I see nothing wrong with well off people living in good areas--but the middle class is really getting screwed. You can't keep moving out farther because of gas prices, travel time, and who the hell wants to live in the desert and let all the scum live close to the beaches and enjoy the good weather?
Kalifornia is definately a paradise lost.
Years ago, many people whose neighborhoods were changing used to say that they would not be chased out by undesireables. Well, guess what?
Anyone who didn't get out before it got really bad, ended up to regret it. Many, because of lowered property values, could not relocate and were stuck is shitty areas, afraid to go outside.
I was born here in Los Angeles, and it pisses me off to no end to watch it deteriate. Greed, stupidity and mob rule.
Hoping to gtfo of here soon.

PS The 2 latest shootings were 2 confirmed, ex convict, gang bangers. 1 has a street name of Stomper. 1 had a pistol and took a shot at the cops as he was running away. The other didn't have a gun, but was also running away, and suposedly made threating moves. Have to wait for the investigation to finish. But either way, these were not good guys.

Last edited:
Beagle 1, seems we have very similar observances over the years/decades....

at the time, back in '95 I determined to sell and move, primarily because of climate, that decision was one of the worst, along with marrying my kid's mom....she was a class A bitch all the way....and money wise, things were fine....but you know, the burb I moved to started to go down when I moved south and of course the housing prices went WAY north,....as in I sold out at a measly 165 grand paid for.....and thought I had a killing moving south here to Florida....to a burb that is similarly threatened today 15 years later......

today my old house up there is worth 450 grand....so go figger for being smart....

:(:goodnight:

today my old house up there is worth 450 grand....so go figger for being smart....
What are you complaining about Gene, don't you like the economical darwinism?

Beagle, I often disagree with your view, but truth to be told your observation is pertinent.

What are you complaining about Gene, don't you like the economical darwinism?

Beagle, I often disagree with your view, but truth to be told your observation is pertinent.

One of a long series of health driven bad money decisions....

fuck it, the only thing left is I know the guilty parties, and where they are....

:crutches::goodnight:

I have lived in the Los Angeles area for most of my 64 yrs. I can honestly say that I cannot think of ANYTHING that is better now than at any time in the past.
And, the worst part, I cannot see it getting any better in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beagle 1, seems we have very similar observances over the years/decades....

at the time, back in '95 I determined to sell and move, primarily because of climate, that decision was one of the worst, along with marrying my kid's mom....she was a class A bitch all the way....and money wise, things were fine....but you know, the burb I moved to started to go down when I moved south and of course the housing prices went WAY north,....as in I sold out at a measly 165 grand paid for.....and thought I had a killing moving south here to Florida....to a burb that is similarly threatened today 15 years later......

:(:goodnight:

I'm thinking of moving to a marginally worse climate area, but I think it will be worth it to keep my sanity. I'll be retired and not have to worry about working. I'm really conserned for my kids and grandchildren, as it is beneficial work wise for them to stay here.

I have lived in the Los Angeles area for most of my 64 yrs. I can honestly say that I cannot think of ANYTHING that is better now than at any time in the past.
And, the worst part, I cannot see it getting any better in the future.

Agreed. I have a somewhat solution, but it would take a developer with vision to see it.

Don't move to the Mid west or the country. you will hate it. Weird weather,no beaches,a long ways from anywhere. Nope, stay in the city, you are far better off.

Don't move to the Mid west or the country. you will hate it. Weird weather,no beaches,a long ways from anywhere. Nope, stay in the city, you are far better off.

You forgot the 110*/100% humidity.:D

You forgot the 110*/100% humidity.:D

:hissyfit::surrender::stirpot:

That is the one thing about even Jax Florida this year, been hotter'n hell and with frequent enough rainfall to make the mosquitoes able to shoot down aircraft.....news clip a minit ago said something about the .gov spraying, why in hell they waiting for I dunno, should have done that 3 months ago...dumb asses....

:hissyfit:

Yeh, Kevin, Its much more exciting in the city! We just downsized to a smaller place over here on the Missouri east coast. A small burb near O'Fallon. Right after we moved in the villa, some redneck breaks into a house in our neighborhood and starts beating on this guys wife. He runs up stairs and gets his gun and caps him. Missed his wife though!
About a month ago, in a road rage incident, a grandpa shoots a biker after he punched him through the car window. Just 1 mile up the road from my place. Grandlpa shoots biker

And now, last night, some guy goes postal and starts shooting cops. Again in my nice new suburb. WTF is going on? Is the heat driving people crazy?
Man shoots officers

Yeh, Kevin, Its much more exciting in the city! We just downsized to a smaller place over here on the Missouri east coast. A small burb near O'Fallon. Right after we moved in the villa, some redneck breaks into a house in our neighborhood and starts beating on this guys wife. He runs up stairs and gets his gun and caps him. Missed his wife though!
About a month ago, in a road rage incident, a grandpa shoots a biker after he punched him through the car window. Just 1 mile up the road from my place. Grandlpa shoots biker

And now, last night, some guy goes postal and starts shooting cops. Again in my nice new suburb. WTF is going on? Is the heat driving people crazy?
Man shoots officers

I dont know. seems that there are more and more crazy people around anymore. Maybe they are moving here from California.

Ain't it funny? The oldest running employee at the O.C. fair grew up on a 200 acre farm in KEARNEY,MO. :amused:

please bird ,send your dog phred back out there and put a stop to all this .

Attachments

• good boy.jpg
    good boy.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
Ain't it funny? The oldest running employee at the O.C. fair grew up on a 200 acre farm in KEARNEY,MO. :amused:

Well now. that is interesting. you have been to Kearney Bird.

I have never seen a Kearney bird, what do they resemble?
Picture20036.gif

Last edited:
Phred still on the loose

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxidboDibI"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxidboDibI[/ame]

I agree with that reporter. The police here over react alot. We saw 12 horse mounted sherrifs to watch maybe 50 protesters with signs. Give me a break. I sometimes think it just escalates a nothing deal.:stirpot: