Rancho Sway Bar - Does this look right?

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
53542f164c6b31b.jpg

53542f164cc4cc3.jpg

Started putting on my recently purchased Rancho sway bar. It looks to me like the bar should be about 3/4' longer where it attaches to the spherical link. See how the link angles back to connect to the bar? Shouldn't the link be fairly close to perpendicular to the TA? I have the TA jacked up to where the half shaft is level in these pics. It seems to me with the link at an angle like this, it would lose a lot of the effectiveness of the bar. What do you think?

Is it possible that somebody cut it shorter for a different use? I note from the original "For Sale" posting:
...and I never got the lower parts of the heim to attach to the trailing arm (I have not used this bar). You can easily procure these parts from any good hardware store to complete the rear linkage.

Weld on an extension using a sleeve?

Good Luck -
Cheers - Jim

Is it possible that somebody cut it shorter for a different use? I note from the original "For Sale" posting:
...and I never got the lower parts of the heim to attach to the trailing arm (I have not used this bar). You can easily procure these parts from any good hardware store to complete the rear linkage.

Weld on an extension using a sleeve?

Good Luck -
Cheers - Jim
The bar hasn't been cut. Still has paint on the ends.

Should be easy to make a new TA bracket that moves the hole aft.

I've decided to go with the stock bar. The Rancho bar may have been a little too much anyway and the geometry of the stock bar looks much better. These pictures are at full droop.

535433632f283d7.jpg

535433632fdd24a.jpg