Order placed .....

MYBAD79

VBP has a sale on some items : for example the front monospring kit and the upper A-arms .... Ordered both ..... Oh oh oh .... Hehe .... Looking foreard to see the brown truck :)

VBP has a sale on some items : for example the front monospring kit and the upper A-arms .... Ordered both ..... Oh oh oh .... Hehe .... Looking foreard to see the brown truck :)

Do tell us how much did this set you back?I for one would like this setup in the future.

The spring kit is $799 instead of $929, the arms are $259 instead of $359 .... Plus tax and shipping just under $1200 .... Ouch .... Lol

The spring kit is $799 instead of $929, the arms are $259 instead of $359 .... Plus tax and shipping just under $1200 .... Ouch .... Lol

Glad I did mine back in '95.....but no A arms and front spring...just 460 coils and bilsteins...

Did the lower kit - that is quite a good deal. Bought and installed SPC uppers with the longer/taller Howe Ball Joints. If you want to go to similar Ball joints - maybe Coleman Racing has something to fit.

Cheers - Jim

Enjoy the Ride!

Last edited:
once you get the disease its hard to stop.. been emailing Gary about a set of DA coilovers with 650 springs and DA rear shocks... gettin ready to do my tubular lower control arms....

In '95 I got the 360 VBP rear and 460 ft coils, used the cheaper KYB shocks, unsure if even the Bilsteins were available then....but with enough guys jumping on me about the Billy Steins....I was getting pissed at the rear bouncing over a local bridge so badly, I went with the B S and sure enough a HUGE RIDE improvement.....very nice.....so with the rack and HB brakes, the car is such as I LOVE IT!!!!!

you know the NICE thing, I DIY the damn thing, there is not another vette even CLOSE to my car....:D

yeh, I know some smart ass going to say that's a good thing.....SO I just going to reply now.....:tomato::tomato::rofl:

Good to hear about the front mono spring...am I mistaken? My opinion was that the front monospring had been discontinued by VBP. Some ago I tried to access it in their catalog, and at that time I thought it had been discontinued. Maybe a mistake or glitch on my part?

I think a little disadvantage is that it reduces front end road clearance. I'd be tempted to install this system..I really hate mucking around with the front springs..I'm pretty much afraid of them. The monosprings are so much safer to work with.

A chief problem with the heritage steel coil springs, is that often install them and then drop the car weight on them. The road height is, my experience, too high, so you remove them (groan) cut off a coil portion and install them...and they're still to high and you remove them and cut off a little more coil...you get the picture. I think road height is much easier with the monospring set up.

Last edited:
as far as I know, it's been around for a while.... I saw it on sale for like $800 maybe two years ago, didn't buy it..... have been waiting for it to go on sale again ever since... not going to install it this weekend, too much other stuff going on. I just refuse to pay full price if I don't have to... when I perform this surgery (install) I probably do the Wilwood brakes at the same time while the car is on jacks... will be a nice spring project....

Great to hear all of this. With my resto 1970, I was going to move on to the interior. The suspension, with engine block, bellhousing, clutch, driveshaft, Toms rear end (10 bolt with otherwise all the good stuff), SSBC calipers, etc is all on a rolling frame....Torque Thrust II 18 inch wheels. But........with restoring the interior with all repro body panels...it's about as much fun as pulling out your finger nails since nothing fits very well. ...NOW HURRAY...I can,if I want, delay the interior build up by ordering a composite spring front end!!!!

I never liked interior work.... I just don't have that kind of patience.... then I started working on the wiring.... now interior work is not all that bad..... :D

next time I do the wiring first. I can drive a car without interior but driving without headlights , turn signals or brake lights isn't all that great....

Wiring is EASY man, jeez....:lol: Except for modern cars where it's all inaccessible because they bury some 'Body Control Computer' up under where even GOD can't see it.....and they got so stupid on these battery drain issues, I take my DVM in current mode in series with the battery cable and measure a typical 300 ma draw, then I go to the fuses, find the offending circuit, and put a relay in there to remove/activate the circuit.....done that twice to GM pickups....I don't even HAVE courtesy lights.....

as for interior work, I just used stainless washers, and screwed the interior to the door frames, screw all that velcro and clips that don't work, just tear up the panel where they clip on.....seat covers are easy.....rugs/insulation even easier....:lol:

I had this on my 68 for a short while. I didn't like it, not to mention it being heavier than the stock setup. The upper arms are nice though.

I had this on my 68 for a short while. I didn't like it, not to mention it being heavier than the stock setup. The upper arms are nice though.

The composite transverse spring and lower control arms are heavier than the stock set up? Thats a surprise.