One more

dembo

Hey Everyone,
I've been lurking since the day the forum was started but never got around to register until today, thanks Gene!
Some short history :
I'm Nick, live in Belgium, 40 years old. I've been in love with Vettes since the day I saw a brown or black chrome bumper Coke bottle shaped car in a storage hangar collecting dust amongst old army stuff, nearly 25 years ago. I didn't even know what make it was I wasn't even a car guy. Since that day the frenzy started, books, meetings, scale models (around 300 still have them all) and finally a couple of years later (I was 24 then) I bought my first Vette. As always a purchase with the heart not the mind, the car was a utter basket case but it was mine! Drove it a bit fixing up whatever was most urgent until it was parked in 1999 under a open carport till Dec 2006 when I started the frame off. Most work was done by myself except paint. In 2012 I had no nuts & bolts left so it was registered as a daily driver (not that simple in Belgium). FFW to today it's driveable but still has issues. Some I can't resolve, others the government makes me change.

The car :
Plain jane 1974 Corvette L48 coupe, PS, PB, AC repainted to 2004 Corvette Pewter

The mods :
350HO 330hp crate engine
Steeroids (which needs to be changed, heim joints are not legal)
SS brake & fuel lines, O ring SS sleeved calipers
80-81 vapor canister
Alu radiator & 1 electric fan
Glass T-tops
Nevernight headlights
Denny's driveshaft & halfshafts
700r4
Vansteel stock trailing arms
Kenwood nav, bluetooth, integrated amp & woofer
Completely new interior, windshield, doorglass, latches, gas tank, ..
New diff 3:36 gearing
CC 2.5" exhaust
Coys C5 17"

In short a few wrappers? full of invoices.

What was and is or had to be replaced
Hydraboost to vac booster (not allowed)
SS brake lines to rubber ones (not allowed)
Steeroids by stock PS, manual or Borgeson (heim joints not allowed and haven't decided yet)
heim strut rods to stock strut rods (not allowed)
Holley nr 1 -> Powerjection -> Holley nr2 -> Holley nr3 -> Quadrajet (tryin to sort the bugs

Any questions, feel free to ask. Oh I'm sure you all like pictures? (link to full album is in my signature)
Greetings,
Nick

Comparison 2006 - 2012

Welcome aboard.:hi:

I forgot how much a PITA safety rules can be in the EU.

SS brake hose not legal, WTF!

Welcome aboard.:hi:

I forgot how much a PITA safety rules can be in the EU.

SS brake hose not legal, WTF!

Welcome to the motley crew Nick, and Denpo above certainly got THAT right, I"m in shock about how picky they are.....

Damn nice work there man, car looks GREAT!!!!!

I not a fan of heim joints either, how about if you put rubber dust covers on them.....??

When I did my rack install in winter 01-02, along with many other mods, the decision was to keep the stock tie rod ends, mainly because they fit the knuckles, so I found a machine shop to make the adapter block for the rack, they had the correct taper to fit the tie rod ends.....cost me 80 bucks, which was kind of high, I thought at the time, but my entire rack conversion came in at under 200 bucks......can't complain....:shocking::p
All of it done before any kits on the market....:1st:

My tie rods are 19" on the left, and 21" on the right, the minimal bump steer on the right is not worth extending/modifying the center mount any further, IMO, :beer:

welcome :hi:

Heim joints not even allowed on strut rods ?? Wow, they're even more picky than their German TUV buddies.....