no more popular hotrodding

7t9l82

the current september 2014 issue is the last.they will be no more, the people that brought us project x and so many other project cars that informed us and inspired us is another victim of our economy and other media. i will miss looking forward each month to another issue.

.Gov control over design makes it hard, much less state inspections, and EPA bullshit.....:surrender:

Thats a shame. I heard that Stahl headers went under recently.
Yes its true. But, Jere does make the occasional drop into the office. He sent me a nice email helping me out with my 360 setup. He and Judy are retiring after 50 years of working in the "exhausting business" of header manufacturing. They had a big sale last weekend in PA, may have some bits left over. Clearing out everything I guess.

Kind of surprised to see some niche magazines doing a rev-up in these times - RACER, Classic Motorsport for example and others that are making both paper and electronic success. We'll see how long. More surprising are the numbers of books now only available in "kindle" edition.

Cheers - Jim

havent seen Jere in over 20 years , last time i saw him i picked up a set of side pipes for my 68 L-88 roadster. he made a couple sets of headers for a couple of race cars i had. the man had a lot of talent and im surprised more wasn't written about him over the years. he was a pioneer in the sport.

havent seen Jere in over 20 years , last time i saw him i picked up a set of side pipes for my 68 L-88 roadster. he made a couple sets of headers for a couple of race cars i had. the man had a lot of talent and im surprised more wasn't written about him over the years. he was a pioneer in the sport.

At one point some decades ago, didn't he have a relationship with MOROSO??

:thumbs:

i know Moroso was based in conneticut not too far from Pennsylvania so they may have collaborated on some things but i don't think it would have gone beyond that. i seem to remember Jere was into some other ventures,maybe truck bodies or something.

Rod and custom done too

What with .net and specific car groups and the easy exchange of info about anything to do with the car topics......

it's to be expected....sort of like the decline of the old popular magazines.....LIFE, LOOK, HOME&GARDEN, etc....much less look at the news rags.....Newsweek, and many others....all thin as a dime if that anymore....

the .com boom has basically killed off the old media....that included TV viewing....300 channels over the wire now a daze....vs the old 4-8 channels in a large metro area.....:eek::surrender:

well, they gave me motor trend,i have ZERO use for a magazine testing a car called a leaf. so i called the subscription department at motor trend and extended my subscription to Vette to 2021, yes thats right. it turns out i subscribe to almost everything they sell and i get these email specials to extend the issues and everything i get is good to at least 2018. the reason i tell you all this is to watch it more closely so you don't fall into the trap. now i need to call my lawyer to add the subscriptions to my estate lol. if the rest of these die like pop rod ill get motor trend for 30 years. i can't imagine reading about an improved prius. :lol: good luck .

it gets even better - so I got the "replacement" to my subscription.... motor trend? :cussing::bullshit::hissyfit::banghead:

Rod and Custom -> Motor trend?!!! yeah, those are the same. I'm seriously going to ask for a refund.