New to VetteMOD

marks76ray

Hi my name is Mark and I have joined VetteMOD. I live in North Mississippi and I am 48 and am a industrial electrician. Looks like an informative site and I have enjoyed browsing through the pages.

I am currently building a modded 76 vette and am in the 2nd year including buying and driving it for 6 months. It is a frame off and will receive a modern day 8.1L 496 CI big block with a 4L80E transmission. The vette is currently 100% apart, the body is on a rotisserie, front clip off, doors off, ect. I am running a build thread on another forum and will not try to keep another going but thought I would mention it. From what I have seen here so far looks like a great site for info. Here's a few pic's of my build.

2.jpg

8.jpg

15.jpg

24.jpg

31.jpg

53.jpg

62.jpg

70.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

82.jpg

100.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

117.jpg

126.jpg

132.jpg

148.jpg

156.jpg

177.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

191.jpg

197.jpg

Hope this wasn't too many pictures just wanted to let folks no where I am at on the build. The next step for me is rebuilding all the little things and reassembling the vette. :beer: Mark

Welcome to the motley crew....

nice build up...love to do a LS engine myself...

I assume you are going to flare the fenders for some nice wide tires...;-)))

Welcome. What part of Miss'ippi? I grew up in Southaven and lived for about a year in Olive Branch. Still have a lot of family and friends in DeSoto county.

Welcome Aboard!:hi:
You're further along in your first post than I am after nearly 300! Gues I shold stop typing... Looking very nice - and love the overhead gantry and the rotisserie.

Cheers - Jim

Sorry guys for the delay in replying, I have had a lot going on lately. I want to thank everyone for the kind welcomes.

mrvette- would love to flare the finders and add wider tires but it is not in the budget.:cussing:

Rod75- Here's a link to my build hope this is legal on Vettemod
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148376

clutchdust- I live just east of New Albany about 75 miles south east of Southaven. Iv'e met a lot of vette guys within a 75 mile radius. Just where is hell almost located (it ain't hell but you can see it from here).

phantomjock- "love the overhead gantry and the rotisserie" Yeh they have came in handy took some time building them but well worth it.

I have had little luck finding 8.1L mods on the net. There is one guy that installed one in a 68 and wrote a article on it and that is what has inspired me to do this one. If anyone chooses to do one I can be of some help. Thanks again everyone. Mark