new 84 owner here/questions

I dunno today's prices, but the head shop charged me less than 200 bux to clean/test/seal my L98 heads, paid like almost 200 for them, shipped from out west....but it's cheap old Jax Florida too, out in some high dollar town, I would except higher prices....

:surrender:

Very true and make sense why people would sell them
used online. I have the intake out and going to port it and start there
And matching the intake with the exhaust ports will give me a little more power to start, correct? And then heads/cam etc will come after a while.
Once $ is saved!

Very true and make sense why people would sell them
used online. I have the intake out and going to port it and start there
And matching the intake with the exhaust ports will give me a little more power to start, correct? And then heads/cam etc will come after a while.
Once $ is saved!

You're not matching intake to exhaust ports - where did you get that idea? Port matching means you eliminate the step or mismatch between the ports on the intake and the heads..... When I did it I used the gasket as a template, it was not much aluminum that needed to be removed... Not much at all.....

This alone will not give you any noticeable power increase

My advice: put that engine back together the way it is and wait until you have the money for some good aluminum heads..... Roller tip rockers (Comp, steel) and some good pushrods (possibly need different length), good quality head gaskets, intake/exhaust gaskets.... WAIT ..... Until you have $1500 to dump into this car , do it right, do it once!!!