Mustang - new paint.... Candy Apple Red

MYBAD79

OK, this is the PPG Deltron paint that I got on Ebay for $125 a gallon (great deal)
This stuff usually sells for $400 a gallon, I had to buy the reducer and that stuff is $70 a gallon.... that's quiet a bit compared to Shopline or TCPglobal's cheaper paints....

Anyways.... it seems to be true: you get what you pay for.....

coverage is awesome, two coats cover, I sprayed three coats base just to be safe....

3 coats Southernpolyurethane clear.....

214ff0f07a86b55.jpg

mirror finish in the middle, slight orange peel on the left.... I am confident it'll wetsand and buff without issues....

214ff0f07b054d7.jpg

thanks guys :thumbs:

I ran out of primer, otherwise I would have painted more than just the hood .....

now waiting for the brown truck :)

hey Jeff, fly me out there and I'll paint it.... heck, I'll paint anything as long as it's somebody else's and I'm not messing up my own garage LOL

masking an entire garage with painter's drop cloth is quiet a job LOL

thanks guys :thumbs:

I ran out of primer, otherwise I would have painted more than just the hood .....

now waiting for the brown truck :)

hey Jeff, fly me out there and I'll paint it.... heck, I'll paint anything as long as it's somebody else's and I'm not messing up my own garage LOL

masking an entire garage with painter's drop cloth is quiet a job LOL

hahaha you would need a 3 month vacation. No sightseeing and flirting with bimbo's at the beach hahaha .... be cheaper to send you the car haha

'Bout time you got something done!!! Seriously, that looks great. Really nice color, and from what I saw in the pics, should buff out nice, well done sir!!! :beer:

I'm still chugg'n along on mine. Got some work done yesterday, but between work and my bands schedule, time has been short lately. But alittle work on it every chance I get!

'Bout time you got something done!!! Seriously, that looks great. Really nice color, and from what I saw in the pics, should buff out nice, well done sir!!! :beer:

I'm still chugg'n along on mine. Got some work done yesterday, but between work and my bands schedule, time has been short lately. But alittle work on it every chance I get!

Don't pay no SUNDAY road taxes man.......:suspicious::crutches:

Are these colors legal in California; i.e. I think you have to have water soluble paint if you have a commercial paint business. In the early 80's I painted my 68 with lacquer. For a beginner, it came out great. It was at least good as a factory job. I painted it in my garage. Lacquer, I'm pretty sure, is not allowed in California, although I could probably get away with it in my garage if no-one knew. Lacquer is a good paint for a beginner. When you get a runner, it's easy to wet sand it off and then repaint. I used a lot of paint before I could get the entire car painted without runners or blemishes. Also, lacquer dries so fast, problems with dust settling on the paint are greatly minimized.

laquer is illegal in most states, CA may not require wterbased paint for "personal use", TCPglobal who sells this stuff are in CA so they should know what paint they can sell in CA. I have not noticed any note on their webite that says "cannot ship to CA"

Looks great, love the color. And red ain't cheap.

I about $%&* when I spent $1300 on sealer, paint, and clear. Dupont is the ONLY one that has the original paint code.

What kind of gun you using?

Let me know, I can send you my SATA gun to use if you want.

I found this paint on Ebay, PPG Deltron for $127 plus shipping, think it was jyst under $150 for a gallon.... They also sell other colors for $200 a gallon (matching paintcodes).
A buddy just checked last week with one of the local suppliers, Deltron is $460 a gallon .... He then bought from the Ebay guys for $240 a gallon ....

I'm using a DeVilbiss Finishline gun ... Seems to be ok ... they say a great tool is no guarantee for success - at least not when I'm using it LOL

That is one fine looking muskrat you've got there. I always liked the notch backs!

Only thing it needs a 5.0 .... It has a 3.73 rear, 5 lug axle conversion, GT brakes (disc front/rear), a 5 spd, AC conversion to 134a .... But still the original 2.3L 4banger .....