Keisler now begging for money???

MYBAD79

When/if you reply ... Do not quote ..... Makes the thread cluttered because it's too much text ....

They seem to be emailing asking for contributions to raise 500k to buy back parts of the company??
Wow....

Here's what I received today .... Anybody with cash burning a hole in the pants ????

:lol: :lol:

To everyone affected by the closing of Keisler Engineering Inc .... I am very very sorry for this event. It has impacted many people - customers, vendors, families and employees. And my wife and kids have also been affected as we lost our home, farm and savings and other personal assets. These are tough times, but I am now working very hard to assemble a group of investors to purchase the KE Inc assets (Inventory, Equipment, Tooling, Designs, Trademarks, Phone Numbers, Website, more) from the Bankruptcy Court and start a new company. I need to raise approximately $500,000 to start the brand new company that will allow me to FILL ALL OPEN SALES ORDERS of KE. IF we can raise $800,000 in total, we can move the market forward with the build of the newly designed Super Sport 6-speed that Chief Engineer Dick McCord and I recently completed in 2013. PLEASE HELP ME BRING THE AMERICAN INNOVATION OF KEISLER ENGINEERING INC BACK TO THE MARKET by referring potential investors to me here: [email protected]

NOTE FEB 4 2014 : THE EMAIL ANNOUCEMENT BELOW WAS SENT JANUARY 23. I AM RESENDING IT AGAIN BECAUSE SOME CUSTOMERS WERE NOT ON THE MAILING LIST. ALSO, I HAVE ADDED A SECTION ABOUT THE DRIVESHAFTS FOR THOSE NEEDING THEIR DRIVESHAFT.

Last Thursday January 16, I ceased operations of Keisler Engineering Inc by filing it into a Chapter 7 Liquidation Bankruptcy. This was a sad day for our customers, vendors, employees and families, many of which had been with us for 5-10 years. And this brought to a close a 22 year long run of the company I started in my garage in 1991 that grew to become the innovator and leader of the 5-speed overdrive transmission market for muscle cars and Corvette.

Why Close Keisler Engineering Now?

The decision to close Keisler Engineering Inc in Chapter 7 Liquidation is covered in some detail on our Facebook page here. Another reason why I decided to place the company into a Chapter 7 liquidation type bankruptcy was to cleanse the assets of the liabilities that were preventing the company from thriving financially as well as providing the highest level of customer service our customers deserved. The liabilities and overhead of KE coupled with my own personal financial liabilities that lingered from the $4 Million acquisition of GM's Muncie Transmission equipment purchase in 2006 made it impossible for me to bring in financing and working capital needed to get KE operating in the "sweet spot" where orders ship 100% complete and with quick delivery. It was time to hit the START OVER button - both for the company and myself to get out of the financial entanglements. As of January 16 2014, that process of start over has begun.

The closing of the company and the many vendors and customers affected rests completely on my shoulders as the President & CEO. There is no good time when it comes to closing a company, but it was my fiduciary duty to take the action needed to prevent further loss to the customers and vendors. From Dec 6 to approximately Jan 15, more than 122 transmission orders were shipped out the door, plus a whole lot of parts orders. We finished out the 2013 year with over 1,000 transmissions shipped. Had we completed all orders on the books at the time of closure the number would have been closer to 1,300 transmissions. About half of the unfilled units were SS700 which I came to the conclusion would be impossible to fill swiftly.

What Happens to Keisler Engineering in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?

The court assigned Mr. John Newton of Mayer & Newton as the appointed Trustee to Keisler Engineering's case. Mr. Newton has determined it is in the best interest of the creditors that Keisler Engineering be sold as either:
1) Complete & Fully Intact Operation Asset, OR
2) grouped assets that comprise the whole operation

This means the Buyer(s) could purchase the Assets including the Trademarked name, website, customer list, designs and inventory ... everything - clean and free of any Liabilities or entanglements, and put them back to work at the same facility or a facility of the Buyer's election. There is more than $400,000 of Inventory assets. And there are important pieces of machinery such as the Spin Test Machine.

Mr. Newton further states that he would like to select a Buyer in the coming 4-6 weeks, and get the sale approved by the Court in swift fashion.

There is a small amount of component parts product ready to ship, like special order driveshafts, that Mr. Newton would like to get shipped to customers in the coming 1-2 weeks.

Who can be a Buyer of the Keisler Engineering Operation?

YOU can be a Buyer. There are NO restrictions. If you are a Creditor to KE in the Ch7 Schedule F, you can be a Buyer. But your Creditor claim amount does not serve to "credit bid" meaning new money would need to be provided.

The operation can be started in the existing facility immediately, or preferably relocated to a smaller facility nearby with lower overhead, or even moved out of state. Most of the Keisler Engineering employees are available to be hired as of January 23. I am also available to support the start-up and long term go-forward.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE A NEW COMPANY FORM TO CONTINUE THE PRODUCT LINE OF KEISLER ENGINEERING AND HELP CUSTOMERS GET THEIR ORDERS FILLED, then skip down to the next section now.

While we wait to see the outcome of the KE Operation Asset Sale, some of you may be seeking to purchase a Keisler transmission kit. In Dec 2013, I sold the Keisler PerfectFit TKO 5-speed and T56 6-speed kit lines to Craig Liberty at Liberty Gear, please contact:
NOTE: Liberty's Gears DID NOT PURCHASE OPEN SALES ORDERS OF KEISLER ENGINEERING, INC.. Please do not ask them for parts or warranty support as they have no obligation for KE Inc orders. They spent nearly several hundred thousand dollars to secure the Keisler PerfectFit TKO & T56 product lines.
Liberty's High Performance Products, Inc.

Last edited:
did you actually read it? the word edited is there in almost every line

funny, I copied and pasted from my email.... apparently that does not work well on a Iphone, just copied and pasted again using a laptop and now it's fine....

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a great idea. Give a guy money who ran a business into the ground so that he can do it again. I like how he calls it his decision to file bankruptcy!

What are the chances that the suppliers who took it in the ass are going to work with him again?

Yeah, that is a great idea. Give a guy money who ran a business into the ground so that he can do it again. I like how he calls it his decision to file bankruptcy!

What are the chances that the suppliers who took it in the ass are going to work with him again?

Other than transmissions, just WHAT did he NEED for suppliers??? few chunks of steel to fab shit with?? maybe a press/mill or so...???

next largest expense was a tape measure.....'-)......NO???

If little OLD ME can take a Muncie '72 into a 700 4r, and then revert to building his own 200 4r and go through all the driveshaft crap, and mounts, including making MY cross member drop out with maybe 7 bolts, plus 6 for the entire exhaust system.....come ON, guys, just WHAT that outfit offered??? I guess their market was to guy/gals who can't do SHIT!@Q!!!!

True I can't weld, but did a slight bit years ago, holding a differential in a van to this day....over 20 years later.....:thumbs:

Exactly, but that's the majority out there. There was a discussion over at CF about how Keisler, among others, offered a "kit", while Richmond didn't. The concept of buying a transmission, yoke, and maybe crossmember separately was too much for most to grasp.
Over on LS1tech, I gave a member all the info, even part numbers to attach a Muncie to an LS motor. He opted for a "kit" from Pace at almost twice the price.

I guess their market was to guy/gals who can't do SHIT!@Q!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Bad business is just that, bad business. A Zebra does not change his stripes! I think Shafi lost his marbles and has gone 'round the bend. Who in his right mind would back him with his track record?

Exactly, but that's the majority out there. There was a discussion over at CF about how Keisler, among others, offered a "kit", while Richmond didn't. The concept of buying a transmission, yoke, and maybe crossmember separately was too much for most to grasp.
Over on LS1tech, I gave a member all the info, even part numbers to attach a Muncie to an LS motor. He opted for a "kit" from Pace at almost twice the price.

I guess their market was to guy/gals who can't do SHIT!@Q!!!!

Years ago, there is a serious BIG TIME REASON I have muchly favored this Vette forum above all others for tech help.....all the smart guys abandoned the crap. to form our own group.....and I have invited anyone with a 1/2 way intelligent question to join here....over the years.....:beer::beer:

...come ON, guys, just WHAT that outfit offered??? I guess their market was to guy/gals who can't do SHIT!@Q!!!!

I'm not trying to defend Keisler (still no idea what they did after 2006/7 when I bought from them).... But..... That TKO is $2200 or $2300 even at Summit/Jegs, it's apparently what a brand new tranny cost nowadays. Bellhousing $150, clutch $200, custom CrMo driveshaft etc.... Pedals.... That friggin shifter they included is like $200 .... When you add up the prices you paid about $800-$1000 more for their "kit" ... (2006/7) ... That's the price you pay if you want a complete kit, not 50 additional trips to junkyards and parts stores because crap's missing or wrong....
Of course a used 100k mile old tranny is cheaper :)

Now , 8 years later and smarter, if I had to do it again I'd just buy a crashed F-body or GTO.....

I still think Keisler had a good product, just it seems really crappy management....lol

Bought two TKO 600 trannies from Kiesler. Bottom line...good service.

The first issue, for the 68. An issue with the speedo cable, the 68 has a different speedo input cable receptacle. I was sure they sent me the wrong cable. They sent me another one. Turns out they were originally correct. My mistake. Sent the extra cable back.

Second issue, for the 70. I had a non-stock driveshaft requirement. The TKO 600 output has a larger U-joint (they were very aware of this) and I had a Tom's Differential pinion gear in my diff with a requirement for a larger U-joint. I told them about the need for the larger diff pinion input shaft having a larger U-joint. This didn't register with them. They sized the diff u-joint for a stock size. I had to send the shaft back and they made another ...custom made drive shaft for me. No hassles at all about this. They were apologetic about the drive shaft problem. They ended up basically having to pay for the first driveshaft that couldn't be used and then pay for the second custom driveshaft.

I enjoyed talking to the people on their tech advice line. Very informative, patient, and helpful. ..Little bit of a Tennessee accent. Too bad about the bankruptcy situation.

Last edited: