Hello from North East Maryland

gnbn

Hello my name is George,I am a long time C3 owner.the eldest is a 72 coupe I have owned since 1982 and the next is a 72 convertible I have owned since 1994. The coupe is off the frame following a birdcage replacement,hoping to soon start reassembling.Being a professional mechanic I enjoy the tech articles.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

I spent some 53 years in Md. moved her in '97, I spent many a pleasant day on the Chesapeake mainly sailing, but lots of fishing too, we almost swamped a boat from too much fish, into Solamans with 6" of freeboard off the stern once....lucky no wind....

I too have a '72 highly modified Vette I bought in '95 glance at my web sites and maybe you know the car from old daze.....it WAS a mint light green, then repainted burgundy by the second owner.....two chicks into showcars....
only way to know it would be the rectangular tail lights from a '68 Olds....and believe it or not, a guy at a gas station down here in Florida....knew the car and the gals....he was gassing up same as us on the other side of the pump....

Hows life in FLA?Having the same thoughts,retirement coming.

Spent 53 years in the Md. region, outside DC, in Monkey Co.....I suffer terminal arthritis, and so my last year in Md. was '97 with 4' snow in my driveway/concrete back yard, trying to sell house for some two years, finally dropped the price to what I paid, and moved here to avoid the pains which was very successful for about a dozen years or so......but that shit is catching up with me....my skeleton is a rusted out old China made POS.....

Jax/Orange Park is a much cheaper region than you find most of down south....

being age 70 my prop taxes are only 600/year electric is 200/month/water is 50/month no income tax 7% sales tax....1600' house with glass room out back that reached 80f today, so to set and read the paper with my mag glass.....vette sets in a 2 car garage.....see my sites for some pix of the joint.....house is concrete slab on grade, block walls with stucco outside, I paid what it worth today, maybe 80 grand.....

email or PM if you want....:D

Is that a sales pitch?

NO, just the truth, take it ast thou wilst...?? sp?? :D

ONE thing that is a huge negative, Florida INSURANCE for anything is horrendous, double the rates I paid if Md.......course we do have lightening and hurrycains.....but not so much in OP/Jax region....look up World Golf Village and St. Augustine, another good region.....

some corvette friends down to Cocoa beach too, Daytona seems fine, been through some burbs there also....

beats shoveling snow and freezing....:devil::crutches:

No doubt,so tired of cold weather i could scream.

Well one thing to say, when they give temps in Jax Fl. they referring to the airport on north side of town....and we inland and about 30 miles south, which strangely enough seems to be worth about 5-10F in winter temps....

further south is of course better, but overall in summer we all seem to be the same temp wise....not that I have traveled the state a whole lot, but it's a hell of a lot warmer, inland in summer.....but the breeze reaches us in Orange Park just fine some ~40 miles from the Atlantic....

:yahoo:

Hello my name is George,I am a long time C3 owner.the eldest is a 72 coupe I have owned since 1982 and the next is a 72 convertible I have owned since 1994. The coupe is off the frame following a birdcage replacement,hoping to soon start reassembling.Being a professional mechanic I enjoy the tech articles.

Hey George, welcome to Vettemod! Hands-on types fit in well here.

Yea, sometimes being a mechanic is a curse (kids cars).Just finished a engine out service on my Ferrari 328,turned out to be more of a chore than I thought it would be.Looking forward to working on a simple corvette

Yea, sometimes being a mechanic is a curse (kids cars).Just finished a engine out service on my Ferrari 328,turned out to be more of a chore than I thought it would be.Looking forward to working on a simple corvette

UMMMMM depends on how deep you get into the cars....hang around here and we will bend your mind a bit.....:lol: