Greenwood vs. Guldstrand Rear Suspension

Vettezuki

So TT said the Greenwood rear suspension was hands down the best, once upon a time commercially available, C3 rear suspension. I tried searching but couldn't find much on it. I only saw a passing reference to a Greenwood multi-link, but not to SLA setup as I thought TT was referring to.

So, is the Greenwood setup an SLA or multilink setup?
Is the Greenwood setup available in any way from anybody? (Like an obscure tiny supplier.)

What would the real world performance differences between the Greenwood and the Guldstrand 5-Link be?

Instead of two parallel links like the grandstand unit has it has a link parallel to the half shaft

I had pics but my computer crashed

So TT said the Greenwood rear suspension was hands down the best, once upon a time commercially available, C3 rear suspension. I tried searching but couldn't find much on it. I only saw a passing reference to a Greenwood multi-link, but not to SLA setup as I thought TT was referring to.

So, is the Greenwood setup an SLA or multilink setup?
Is the Greenwood setup available in any way from anybody? (Like an obscure tiny supplier.)

What would the real world performance differences between the Greenwood and the Guldstrand 5-Link be?

there were two totally different Greenwood rear suspensions, one was sort of similar to the 5-link Guldstrands sells the other a double A-frame rear suspension...

Red is right, this is the double a arm coilover susp...

suspensionTurboAarm.jpg

That's the oe I meant but it's hardly bolt in LOL

that bottom pix there for all the world looks like that bottom/forward arm would be REALLY LO so not too good for street use....:sweat:

The greenwood 5 bar is pretty much identical to the C4 susp. in layout, 2 forward trailing rods, camber rod and a rear center mounted toe control rod, although theirs is better set up for compliance w/ the half shafts, the C4 uses a cheaper center mounted design w/ longer toe rods for less angular effect.

Both are no longer available, although there is a red 78?? Greenwood car on ebay all the time. It's got a big block now but I swear it's either original or someone had clos ties. It has many greenwood unique parts, like that hand fabricated rear susp 0the 5 bar), the wheels & decals, turbo gauge w/ pod and some other stuff here and there. Buy that car and you have the coil over susp :)

Gene, that bottom arm is not low, the tab on the front welds to the frame. It's pretty much the same as this (I built this many moons ago, never used it and it's missing the toe control setup in these pics)

24a719b94c6405.jpg

24a719bacf1dff.jpg