got bored so started welding my frame back together

JeffP1167

I was from the 82 that I parted out. Since I have almost all my c4 suspension polished thought I might actually try making a jig and convert the frame for c4 suspension.

Just bored, not planning on putting it on the street.

20140209_172113_zps0a116d8f.jpg

20140209_172121_zpsfcc92902.jpg

20140209_172129_zps018b823e.jpg

So you cut up a perfectly good useable frame ?? Wow.....

There was some dude on Craigslist not too long ago who had a rusty frame for $400..... I was seriously thinking about buying it (ok, it was local so shipping wasn't necessary...). ... If I could get a somewhat rust free frame for $500 to my door I'd be happy.... And you take a cutting wheel to it....LOL....unbelievable....

There was some dude on Craigslist not too long ago who had a rusty frame for $400..... I was seriously thinking about buying it (ok, it was local so shipping wasn't necessary...). ... If I could get a somewhat rust free frame for $500 to my door I'd be happy.... And you take a cutting wheel to it....LOL....unbelievable....

plus it can be fixed, and be improved with my polished c4 suspension. I listed the frame at one time for 400 bucks and no one showed interest. Shipping is always the problem, not to mention moving the dam thing. Being in california there isn't much interest in rust free frames since they already ar to begin with.

shipping to the rust belt area would cost a fortune.

who knows maybe I will find a nice body to put on it when its done.

Pardon my nosiness Karsten, but do you have a project you're planning?

I have so many parts that all I need is a frame and two front spindles to complete a rolling chassis..... Tempting to start building another C3.....
:smash:

I have so many parts that all I need is a frame and two front spindles to complete a rolling chassis..... Tempting to start building another C3.....

I will be selling my complete front suspension after I get measurement to install the c4 suspension if your interested

I've still got your differential cross member if you want it back. Found out I don't need it.

can you measure it for me end to end, so I can see if everything is lined up too?

Its about 24". I'll ship it out to you if you're willing to pay shipping costs.

I am 23 1/2 on the front side and 24 1/4 on the rear side.

Let me know shipping I will send you a pm
Your measurements sound about right.

I've still got your differential cross member if you want it back. Found out I don't need it.

can you measure it for me end to end, so I can see if everything is lined up too?

Its about 24". I'll ship it out to you if you're willing to pay shipping costs.

I am 23 1/2 on the front side and 24 1/4 on the rear side.

Let me know shipping I will send you a pm
Your measurements sound about right.

excellent

okay a question. If I complete this and do a nice job, with polished c4 suspension and ideas on what the frame could be worth?

Thought about painting it and all.

Damn, too bad I dont have a way to ship it to you,
I still have my old frame, it's cut at the rear kickup, could rebuild a rear end and I have the complete front suspension from the old frame too(spindles and all)

The above reminds me of a sad shituation that happened some dozen years ago at a vette shop here in Florida, this chick drives in with a yellow/black chrome shark vert.....nice car, she had bought it from out in California, some internet deal, car was rust free ok, but the front frame was smashed HARD in some wreck, straightened out alright, and had so much extra metal welded on to reinforce torn metal it didn't even look stock, the rear of the frame was fine, and the car drove a bit 'off' to say the least.....but true to form the car LOOKED just fine, nice body/interior/wheels/engine/etc.....we about shit getting it on a lift and seeing that frame, it was FUGLY to say the least....

so upon showing it to her, she went ballistic, and got hold of the Ca. group, they agreed to make it right....pay for a frame swap.....the thing was the shop did not have a pristine frame, just one that had some rot along the diagonal right side, toward the rear, hidden by body,

so the frames could have been sectioned and spliced together making a beautiful frame worthy of the rest of the car, but NO the owner insisted on blasting out the rust, bondo in the rust holes, and paint the frame, so we swapped frames in about a week's work, not all that hard when you have the proper lifts/etc, and nice clear weather to do the RO RO thing with the chassis......the gal never knew the difference......oh well, I thought it kind of sad......would have taken less time to do it right than mess with that bondo crap.....

:suicide:

the frame is for the most part back in one piece

IMG_20140216_092712_522_zpsb0675353.jpg

I have a 1990 front frame section but need to find a suspension cradle still. Then need to build a jig

IMG_20140216_092721_929_zpsd784fee2.jpg