French trans

IDIOTS!!! what a crock of crap.....fire the whole crew associated with that shit.....:smash:

Not surprised at all.
Let me tell you : railroad worker in France is the most spoiled, unionized and whinny people in the country (source: close family member working at SNCF).
You wanna fire one of them? You don't want to give them raise?
think twice because they will block the country for days.
All french administration is similar, but those gonzos have the leverage to make the whole country come kiss their ass sorry.
Only reason to take the train : it's cheaper than the insanely pricey highway tolls, by a tiny margin.

Not surprised at all.
Let me tell you : railroad worker in France is the most spoiled, unionized and whinny people in the country (source: close family member working at SNCF).
You wanna fire one of them? You don't want to give them raise?
think twice because they will block the country for days.
All french administration is similar, but those gonzos have the leverage to make the whole country come kiss their ass sorry.
ç

A leftist daydream is to replace the US highways with European styled trains. Free travel by a population in personal cars is against leftist ideology.

Only reason to take the train : it's cheaper than the insanely pricey highway tolls, by a tiny margin.
Do they purposely keep the train fares a little lower than highway tolls??? When you drive on the highway, you don't have to pay all the very expensive labor costs of the train crew members. You do have to pay for the cost of your typically little European car, but you don't have to pay the cost of the very expensive train carriages and locomotives.

Last edited:
A leftist daydream is to replace the US highways with European styled trains. Free travel by a population in personal cars is against leftist ideology.
Do they purposely keep the train fares a little lower than highway tolls???
I think it's the opposite. Highways are managed by private companies. big $$$ are made here. Tolls were initialy about paying the construction back. They all forgot about that and now it's for profit!!!
When you drive on the highway, you don't have to pay all the very expensive labor costs of the train crew members. You do have to pay for the cost of your typically little European car, but you don't have to pay the cost of the very expensive train carriages and locomotives.

Technically train is less expensive. Less risk of accident, less people to operate, lower cost of maintenance (road are expensive and go bad fast).
Don't take highway construction and maintenance about of the equation. Train, if well managed must be cheaper to the mile than a car.

Anyway, in the US it's mostly about connecting big cities and shuffling urbanites around. See it as 'less idiot in rental Camry on the road'.
I'm sure it will be managed more 'aggressively' in the US, it will have to, because gas is cheaper and there's much less tolls.