Fan clutch

ToddG

Replaced with a new one....not a minute too soon. It was ready to go. I knew it was bad as it was frozen. Bought a new one last Tuesday and finally put it on yesterday.

FAN1.jpg

c-ya
ToddG :beer:

Lucky that fan not through the radiator.....

don't ask.....

:crutches:

Don't worry most tend to go through the hood, his radiator probably would have been un-damaged.

I saw one go through the rad enough to scrap it too....

I was warned about the flex fans, even the stock GM ones, like on Caddy's..the 7 bladed things....AFTER it was on my car, so I just kept a eye on it...and sure enough after some years, the metal fatigue started it's cracking trick....

:crutches::sweat:

don't ask.....

Don't worry most tend to go through the hood, his radiator probably would have been un-damaged.

I was warned about the flex fans, even the stock GM ones, like on Caddy's..the 7 bladed things....AFTER it was on my car, so I just kept a eye on it...and sure enough after some years, the metal fatigue started it's cracking trick....

I like the ford plastic fans, less damage when they come apart.

don't ask.....

Electric fans are plastic, and make the most sense to me....

:thumbs:

don't ask.....

I meant the ford mechanical plastic fans.

I had a suspicion you maybe meant something like that, but I not familiar with them.....never noticed one way or other...

I had a suspicion you maybe meant something like that, but I not familiar with them.....never noticed one way or other...

Had one on my 93 mustang GT, pretty lightweight and never noticed and seperation issues. When I put a vette serpentine drive on my 82 vette might try and use one of them since they are counter rotating fans.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Had one on my 93 mustang GT, pretty lightweight and never noticed and seperation issues. When I put a vette serpentine drive on my 82 vette might try and use one of them since they are counter rotating fans.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hummm.....I am thinking of redoing the Spal install to aim them back toward the engine in an attempt to kill underhood heat....wonder if that maybe incorporated somehow....interesting concept....:nuts:

Hummm.....I am thinking of redoing the Spal install to aim them back toward the engine in an attempt to kill underhood heat....wonder if that maybe incorporated somehow....interesting concept....:nuts:

they seem to pull a lot of air. I never had cooling issues on my mustang at all. I am either going this route on my 82 vette or try and mount a 90-96 vette cooling capsule with the twin electric fans. Basically it just bolts to the top of the frame rails and a couple small screws on the side of th frame rails.