EV News

Interesting Graphic:
View attachment 56394
Bet some rental drivers included in that summary!

Cheers - Jim

I can attest to the basic accuracy of this graph (although I think Kia should be a bit higher in that graph). Prior to my becoming a non-productive member of society, I spent multiple decades in a town with both GM and Chrysler parts manufacturing plants. It was common knowledge/experience that if you encountered an asshole motorist who cut you off, passed you with loud annoying pipes, or was just a dick behind the wheel, it was about an 85% probability that the vehicle had the words RAM on the grill or tailgate.

My apologies if I've offended any members here.

Cute, using Al Gore's "An Inconvient Truth"

Unmentioned - the added infrastructure costs:
1. Crash barriers​
2. High-rise parking garage structure​
3. Bridges​
4. Existing pot hole repairs not load bearing​
5. Garage/servicing personnel​
6. Disposal​

This scam puts the Obama Solyndra to shame:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/specialreports/solyndra-scandal/

Cheers - Jim

Reactions: rtj
So by 2030, half of all vehicles sold in the US, MUST be EV's. Or 6-7 million cars/year. To support this, the government (taxpayers) will spend $7.5 billion to build 500,000 chargers.

After taking office in 2021, President Joe Biden realized that it was quite difficult to force Americans to trade in their gas-powered vehicles for electric ones in places where EV chargers didn't exist — so he threw $7.5 billion at the issue as an "investment" in building out a network of EV chargers. That chunk of money paid by hardworking Americans was part of Biden's pledge to ensure 500,000 EV charger stations were opened in the U.S. by 2030. Well, it's now 2024, and Biden's forced transition continues to fail spectacularly at taxpayer expense.

As Leah reported at the end of 2023, the first two years after the funding was allocated saw exactly 0 (zero) EV chargers built, so at least there's been some extremely limited progress to show taxpayers that their obliged contributions to Uncle Sam haven't been completely flushed down the toilet of Biden's "green" climate agenda. Still, the administration is nowhere near where it should be in its goal of 500,000 new EV chargers by 2030, nor even the 5,000 stations that the $7.5 billion was pledged to create.

This is an estimate by someone who actually did the math for California only:

So, CA needs to install 2,200,000 chargers in about 12 years. To be generous, lets make it 13 years from TODAY.
There's 94,000 chargers installed. That leaves 2,106,000 chargers left to go. Only 162,000 per year for 13 years. 3,115 per week, every week starting today for 13 years. 623 chargers need to be installed every day (5 days per week).

This is a foreseeable/government disaster. One of many.