Electric Car – Truck – Bus Boondoggle

Geoff Coenen

The more I read about electric vehicles, the more I believe they are a bust.

The pollution released to produce electric car batteries is far greater than that for entire ICE vehicles. The pollution is upstream from the vehicle in the manufacturing process. Just because it is not coming out a tail pipe doesn't mean it is more environmentally friendly.

How about the electric Hummer taking 4 days to charge on a 110 outlet. Or 1 day on a 240 outlet. How about the Ford electric pickup that cannot tow a trailer with an old restored Model T to a nearby antique car show. How a 10 year old electric Kia requiring $20,000 to replace the batteries. How about the 150 mile trip a guy took in Wyoming that took 15 hours due to recharging versus 3 hours in an old gas model. How about those electric car fires the fire departments struggle for hours to extinguish and reignite. You would risk your house burning down if you park in an attached garage. How about driving through a street with a few inches if rain and your car catches fire. Or you get T-boned by some "yuth" texting on their iphone & the firemen watch helplessly as you're get barbequed.

I'll never buy one, even if they become much, more cheaper, dirt cheap. lots, lots more efficient, lots safer. If the new e-Corvette is a hybrid it may have some sales, but diehards like me that have had V8 from 265, to 283, to 327, to 427, to 454 have a different gut feeling for what a Corvette represents ! Wanna see my electric motors – no thanks. I have an electric drill, table saw, circular saw, router, planer, Milwaukee, etc at home so I'm good.

If the Corvette goes totally electric, I think the brand will wither and die. It's all virtue signaling from Global Warming to Global Cooling to Climate Change. I studied climate before Greta Thunburg (sp?) was a twinkle in her father's eye. The earth has gone through repeated Ice Ages with Interglacial Periods for millions of year – which is long before the Industrial Revolution of the 1800's or Henry Ford put the pedal to the metal. It's a green scam to enrich certain industries – like Solyndra was. Can you imagine in 2035 – no gas cars sold in Kalifornia & seeing those millions of commuters on those free ways stranded with dying batteries. How will Nancy Pelosi get her vineyard to market.

You want to fly in an electric airplane?

In the 90's, when the "global warming industry" started, the most obvious/only solution was to build nuclear power plants. It takes about 25 years to build and commission (government approval) of a nuclear power plant.

What did we do instead? Built solar and wind power (at incredible expense) to unreliably supply a small fraction of total energy. So here we are now with an absurd push to create another energy crisis by converting all our energy needs to electric (powered by fossil fuels). Except fossil fuels are bad! I guess we should have started building those nukes 25 years ago. BUT NO! Fossil fuels are the devil to "progressives".

What have we accomplished in 25 years. Absolutely nothing. When the crisis comes (facilitated by the government), there will be a "restructuring" (control through regulation) of public utilities to the government.

Control of what you say, what you read, what your kids "learn" in school, WHAT YOU BELEIVE. That is what this whole thing is about, control.

Last edited:
Well, add renters to the issues like hurricanes, extreme cold, and battery replacement cost.

Half the country rents according to this, so charging is a major issue.