Cut to fit spark plug wires?

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
I need to make up some custom length spark plug wires with 90 degree spark plug boots and HEI style dist cap boots. I prefer black wires and boots but a quick search at Summit does not come up with much. Also, some of these kits come with a plastic crimp tool that you use with a bench vice. A plastic crimp tool seems like it wouldn't produce a good crimp but, who knows?

Anyone here have some experience (good/bad) doing this?

I used the MSD tool as well. Worked really well. I used the MSD 8.5 wire cut to fit that TT linked.

The tool may look cheap in the pics, but it is actually quite solid. It has a metal insert that makes the crimp.

yes and the thig is made from some very hard plastic, it will not deform. I have crimper pliers but the little tool actually makes a better crimp.

I used the MSD tool as well. Worked really well. I used the MSD 8.5 wire cut to fit that TT linked.

The tool may look cheap in the pics, but it is actually quite solid. It has a metal insert that makes the crimp.

They should mention that the tool has a metal anvil insert. I saw a video and thought the plastic was pretty cheesy.

I have Taylor wires on my car, the plug ends were factory installed, but the end at the dist cap I had to assemble, I used an old style Belden wire stripper /crimper.

I always wondered if this would work well. Does the wire stripper tool work well too?