C6Z B92 Carbon Hood

mfain

I have a 2011 C6Z with Z07 and CFZ options. The 2011 Carbon Edition cars (252 manufactured) also had a raised carbon fiber hood that was not available on the 2011 Z07/CFZ cars. It is the same as the ZR1 hood, but without the window. I found remnants of Carbon Edition #235 that had an intact, supersonic blue (same as my car) hood that I purchased. It is super light and the exposed CF on the underside is a work of art. Lucky find.

Z06 CF Hood 1.jpgZ06 CF Hood 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see other people enjoy scooping up some nice parts!

That is a work of art.

Left one looks like Batman's Cowl.
The right - maybe a Transformer? [Robots in Disguise...]

Local find - or online search?
Nice pieces.

Cheers - Jim

Left one looks like Batman's Cowl.
The right - maybe a Transformer? [Robots in Disguise...]

Local find - or online search?
Nice pieces.

Cheers - Jim
Saw the wrecked Carbon Edition car on Corvette Forum and noticed the hood did not appear to be damaged. Someone there started a discussion about whether the roof panel was carbon fiber or fiberglass, and that discussion had info about it being for sale on ebay, so I looked it up and found out the roof was at AZ Cycle Parts, a high end exotic car dismantler. I called AZ Cycle and found out they had the whole car, including the hood. AZ Cycle is in Phoenix on the opposite side of town from me so I beat feet over and snagged it while he had other potential buyers trying to give him credit card numbers. That hood was standard on the 2011 Carbon Edition cars (252 built) and was sold on a few 2012-2013 CFZ optioned cars. Very rare. I have a 2011 Z06/Z07 with the carbon package in supersonic blue (one of the two colors you could get the numbered carbon edition cars in), but without the B92 hood - which I now have. The hood is basically the C6 ZR1 hood without the clear window in the middle of it.

Just went to Vegas and picked up my C6 and brought it back to PHX so I can do the AHP head swap and add the B-92 hood. I just put new Michelin Cup 2s on it as well.Z06 Trailer 2.jpg