BB Oil Filter

SmokinBBC

Looking to put a 2 qt oil filter on the big block.

AC Delco pf932f, Wix 51794 or STP S373.

Any preferences?

Any reason I shouldn't go with a 2qt filter?

Wix51061 1 qt

Last edited:

Any preferences?

If it was me I would buy the Wix/Napa filter, AC Delco isn`t the same company it used to be and STP sells filters made by someone else.....I used to use Wix 1qt filters on my vintage racer...

Exhaust clearance would be the only reason I know of. IT's long, but still tucks behind the crossmember so it won't catch a stray rock. :search:

Any preferences?

If it was me I would buy the Wix/Napa filter, AC Delco isn`t the same company it used to be and STP sells filters made by someone else.....I used to use Wix 1qt filters on my vintage racer...

Wix on your vintage racer says a lot for Wix.

Exhaust clearance would be the only reason I know of. IT's long, but still tucks behind the crossmember so it won't catch a stray rock. :search:

No problem with exhaust clearance.

It would sit about even with the bottom of the oil pan. I was thinking about spraying a layer of 3M rubberized undercoating on the bottom of it to give some protection against the stray stone. But it is only rated to 180 degrees.

Any preferences?

I just had this conversation with the local NAPA guy. NAPA's gold series filters are Wix and some of the other brands are made by Hastings (?) and are junk.

I think there is a website like "Bob the oil guy" who has taken a bunch of filters apart and has info on what's inside. If I recall correctly, his recommendation was Wix.

Any preferences?

Wix51061 1 qt

Use the wix 2 qt. No worries.