Another “correct” Junk china repro

Geoff Coenen

Another "correct" Junk china repro

RE: https://www.forums.ncrs.org/showthr...to-Carburetor&p=919037&mode=linear#post919037

Just to get you up to speed.

A nouveau ncrs member (joined Oct 12, 2021) bought a fuel filter for his 63 340 HP Vette – i.e. a repro Black GF-90 filter. Turns out it was too short & the vertical fuel line entering the filter was too close to the front of the engine block for his liking.

Up pops Brian "Taiwan" Tillley with a dissertation on the short filter is probably another after market filter that has been painted Black & stenciled with a White GF-90 logo. He is confident that the short filter is such based upon the shape of the "9" in the GF-90 which is – are you ready for this – "incorrect" – the wrong font.

Taiwan Tilley begins promoting his "correct" longer repro filter with the correct "9" and this nouveau ncrs fellow buys one from him. Well the new filter is installed and it leaks at the fitting. Correct trumps functionality. LOL.

The ncrs peanut gallery provides several suggestion to use different stop gap measures with this or that product in a tube – this glue or that. Well all these anti leak salves work for a week & then start leaking again. Taiwan Tilley never says another word once the filter was sold & the leaks began. He went mute – lost his voice.

Several other ncrs acolytes turned the threads to the esoteric particulars of the screw in the fuel filter, then the toothed washer, then the stud in the intake.

Should you need to purchase same filter he was formerly Corvette Specialties of Maryland – and moved to the Left Coast – California – now called Corvette Specialties of Maryland West.

I gave up dealing with him in 2006 – he screwed me over 2 chinese 63-67 headlight motors that were the first pair I ever purchased & were dead upon delivery to my customer. Instead he stole my customer, sent him 2 more headlight motors & wanted to send me replacement motors – as if I wanted to keep his crap on the shelf – and then ley him tell me the warranty was up before they were sold. No thanks. I loathe these phony importers.

Almost every part we purchased from him had an excuse: 65-66 Power Antenna Switch crapped out, 58-62 top fender moldings with mounting studs that broke off. Search the ncrs chat room to read about the chitty chrome grill bars, grill teeth that doesn't remain pretty, is short lived.

Want a real treat: how about "correct" steel wheels for 63, 64. 65-66 made in china. If Taiwan Tilley was really proud of this imported stuff – you won't read a word about its origin on his web site. I've looked -not a word of imported from china & by the same token – not a word of made in the USA.

Moral of the story – guy put old filter back - in – NO LEAKS. Tell that to Taiwan Tilley in hiding now.

CAVEAT EMPTOR if you want correct imported crap that may have problems – look no further.

Goes to show you, people need to think of this when they go vote and not vote for what is popular