03 Silverado

Wonder if it's a import switch.....let us know....

:huh:

I ordered it today. $18.00 from GM Parts Direct. I'll let you know. Also bought a right window regulator. for $109.00. It snapped this morning at breakfast. It's done.

snapped?? that one of them 'tape' jobs.....best I can say is I seen one once....

some guys say tapes can be found for C4's about all I know of them....

:clobbered:

SS cable wrapped around a drum. Rich and I fixed it once, and the cable was frayed. I knew it would die sometime.

HIgh humidity bad/marginal wires/boots... OR switch/electrical going tosses computer into relearn mode, so it goes rich for a while to stabilize operation till O2 says to cut it back.....could be affecting the O2 sensor heater circuit also....

still wonder about the 'gasoline'......:tomato:[/QUOTE]

Damn technology gets in the way of itself sometimes.
Sometimes I wonder if we all weren't better off when we had points to gap and room enough under the hood to smuggle a few illegal aliens across the border. You could work on a car/truck then with some simple tools and basic skills.
:smash:

HIgh humidity bad/marginal wires/boots... OR switch/electrical going tosses computer into relearn mode, so it goes rich for a while to stabilize operation till O2 says to cut it back.....could be affecting the O2 sensor heater circuit also....

still wonder about the 'gasoline'......:tomato:

Damn technology gets in the way of itself sometimes.
Sometimes I wonder if we all weren't better off when we had points to gap and room enough under the hood to smuggle a few illegal aliens across the border. You could work on a car/truck then with some simple tools and basic skills.
:smash:[/QUOTE]

DV I hear you, but I had some new cars over the years, and got used to electronic engine mgmt as a consumer, then after the divorce, got back into the car hobby, got the '87 vette as the last one bought with factory injection, loved the engine, but the rest of the car has certain stuff I grew to hate, so sold it....but in that time frame I noticed the huge MPG increase....and got a junkyard DPFI setup that I installed on my Pontiac 455 engine, added some 4 mpg and HUGE driveability improvement...

then with a boat I had, same story....took off the Volvo/Solex carb, and added a injection rail from a turbo Volvo...ran it with a GM computer from a '89 Grand Am.....sure it ran on backup mode, same stock dizzy in the Volvo engine....and I could tow the kids twice as long on the same tank of gas....doubled that fuel economy....and of course it started and ran GREAT....

then this '72, second thing I did to the L48 was put TPI on it....car went from 12-14 mpg, 16 on the road....to 24 on highway 18 around town...same Muncie 336 rear.....

two advantages....old ET, and so wiring is not an issue, and being a junkyard hunter, keeps costs down..VERY important on that last one....

today I carry some tools and a DVM with me in the vette....:quote:

but a modern car, today....from say '92? up?? no, not me, sorry, I spent some 3 years de Naderizing my '72, and modern cars full of safety maven crap drive me crazy ......

Wonder if it's a import switch.....let us know....

:huh:

Hecho en Mexico. Talk about a PITA. tearing down a modern steering column with air bags, switches in the wheel, and all that other crap is a nightmare compared to a C-3. Next time, it's going to the dealer.
I even had to fab my own wheel puller, as the new ones don't have the threaded holes for the old universal wheel pullers anymore.:cussing:
You guys wouldn't believe the crap/tools required in there. Unreal.:eek:

Well, I got it back together, and it works perfect. I also replaced the 4 switches on the steering wheel while I was at it. In GM's infinite wisdom, you have to replace the WHOLE switch when the lamps burn out. Same with the heater control panel. $150 for a lamp out! Why they didn't use LEDs there , I'll never know.:cussing:

Well, I got it back together, and it works perfect. I also replaced the 4 switches on the steering wheel while I was at it. In GM's infinite wisdom, you have to replace the WHOLE switch when the lamps burn out. Same with the heater control panel. $150 for a lamp out! Why they didn't use LEDs there , I'll never know.:cussing:

SHIT, some may call me bubba, but hear me ROAR!!!, you probable dont have the time, I do, damn if I let them SOB's get away with that shit, :smash::twitch::hunter: