End Of An ERA - LOVE IS BLUE gone!

Mr.Blue

Hello my Vette friends!
You may wonder why I haven't been here in a while. Aside from health issues, the end of an era has finally come in my long history with my 1966 Corvette, LOVE IS BLUE.

On June 17th, 2010 the big truck stopped in front of my house and after I did one last long smoky burnout on the street in front of my house, I drove my life's work into the trailer and she was strapped down and taken to her new owner, Bruce Carson in Edmonton, AB, Canada.

Yes, I sold my longest and closest friend after 42 years together. While I didn't get what I was hoping for, due to the sick economy, I got enough so my wife and I could pay off our second mortgage and her '05 Chrysler, Crossfire. Between those payments we were drowning in shortfalls since she was forced out of her job into early retirement. Just not enough money at the end of each month and we kept getting deeper in debt each month.

I can no longer do the work myself on LOVE and there was no money to pay others to do the many things necessary to keep such a beast running in top conditions, so I let her go to someone who has the money and love to take it to the next level hopefully. We are keeping in touch and he has LOTS of questions each week about how this or that works and has sent several photos since he's received her, so I'll be involved with LOVE for a while at least. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad yet. Time will tell...:search:

I will really miss each of my friends here at vetteMOD.com. Over the years we have enjoyed meeting some of you and have spent hours chatting back and forth here. Great memories.

Here are the photos of that final day. Enjoy, Glenn

Getting in for final drive to trailer:
44015-June172010-Onelasttime.jpg

44011-June172010-PreparingtotakeVette.jpg

June172010-DandirectingGlennontoloadingrampontruck.jpg

Final inspection prior to loading:
44021-June172010-PreparingtoliftVette.jpg

One final look and goodbye:
44029-June172010-Sayinggoodbye.jpg

Trying hard not to cry:
44028-June172010-Justalittlesad.jpg

Loaded on upper deck for trip to Canada:
44033-June172010-ParkedforlongjourneytoCanada.jpg

Walking away in tears:
June172010-GlennwalkingawayfromhisVetteforlasttime.jpg

Arrival in Edmonton, AB, Canada, Love's new home:
44038-July012010-UnloadedinCanadaBruceCarsonshome.jpg

New owner and friends removing nose for inspection:
July032010-RemovingfrontclipinBrucesgarageinCanada.jpg

Man, I feel for you...that must be like losing a limb :(

I agree, I'm so sorry you lost Love is Blue, but there's no reason to say goodbye to your friends at VetteMod . Mr. Blue, vette or not, you are always very welcome here!

I agree, I'm so sorry you lost Love is Blue, but there's no reason to say goodbye to your friends at VetteMod . Mr. Blue, vette or not, you are always very welcome here!

I agree Glen. Stay in touch, and have the new owner join as well. Maybe you can still enjoy her legacy here at VM.:beer:

I agree Glen. Stay in touch, and have the new owner join as well. Maybe you can still enjoy her legacy here at VM.:beer:

:beer: Yeh, Glen, as previously suggested, stay in touch....

maybe I can get you to paint MY car???:eek::p

Must have been painfull to watch the hauler drive away.

No reason to disappear. Keep in touch and, as Jeff said, get the new owner to join.

I feel for you mate, I can only imagine that would feel like losing a loved one after all those years together, especially with you doing all the work. The new owner will never have the affinity with LOVE that you have.

Stay around mate as I'm sure you have a wealth of information to offer others, especially anyone with balls enough to chop up a Vette and build the kind of beast you did :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry to see her go...something that we will all face someday...due to one reason or another. Think of her as an old girlfriend. Remember how you enjoyed the seat time. Remember the journey. Cheers, Mr. Blue.

Glenn, What are you going to do without all those women getting naked on your vette for photo shoots?

That was really a custom creation that you had. I'm glad that you let me come and stay at your house and see ol Blue. I aught to jump on a plane and come and see you again!

George