In Memoriam - Rolling Thunder

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Our freind, Dave Hopper, known here as Rolling Thunder died yesterday at his home in Padukah, Kentuky. Most here know Dave from his "Rolling Thunder" project that he documented here at VM:

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738

You can see in Dave's last few posts that he knew the end was near. I emailed him last week when it became obvious that he was dying and he was actually making a list of things that need to be completed on Rolling Thunder to finish her! That is the kind of man Dave was. Not feeling sorry for himself, not complaining, just getting it done.

This is from his website:

http://davesrollingthunder.com/

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
'WOW, what a ride!!!​
Dave, we will miss you.

:cry:

That's a shame, sorry to hear that, condolences to the family and friends....

I'm deeply saddened by this, my condolences go out to his family and friends :(

So sorry to hear this...condolences and prayers to his family and friends. And a sincere thanks for what he brought so many of us he didn't know....

Sad to hear this. I enjoyed watching the progress of his increadable vette. My condolences as well to his family & friends. We all will miss him around here.

Truly a special person, I thank him for allowing us to get to know him, although in my case not well, but none the less.

May he rest in peace.

A truely courageous man! I pray to be a fraction of that when my time comes. God bless his family and friends for their loss. Art

My condolences go out to his family and all who knew Dave. I only recognized him as a member by the name Rolling Thunder, but also recognized him as a dedicated and talented C-3 rebuilder. His contributions and inspiration to the Corvette hobby will be missed.

My sincere condoleances to his family.
Like most of us, I didn't know his personally. I knew him from the hobby we share.
I'll remember him from his courage.

Thanks for the Rolling thunder project Mr Dave.
We will remember you.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Your great talent will never be forgotten, Dave!

Rest in peace.

I am deeply saddened hearing about Dave's passing. I never really knew him but threw his writings I get that he lived his life on his terms and instead of sitting around saying why me he continued to live on his terms and not the cancers for this I admire him and will miss him.

Ray