Your comments

Jsup
Everyone wants to pay bottom dollar for top parts.

Pro form carb is not a bottom dollar part. And I did not buy it used...

I have a few different carbs and I think with the right set up they are all good. In todays world I don't think there is a cheap carb that will work on a 454.

Jsup
Everyone wants to pay bottom dollar for top parts.

Pro form carb is not a bottom dollar part. And I did not buy it used...

I have a few different carbs and I think with the right set up they are all good. In todays world I don't think there is a cheap carb that will work on a 454.

Sorry, I was speaking in general terms with the comment. Specifically seems Pro Form is trying to keep costs down with shotty QC and incapable assemblers. There's no excuse for that stuff.

Home Depot has em drivers in the Dewalt kits if you have a Western Tool for wood working you can get the single bit.
In five months these screws backed out and gas pissed everyware. Lucky I didn't burn.

y1p26X9sAMGijL4lQdQ0mywrReDjJdWAV9rsYywfGO6Uimyhqbc4BdrumM-Zsphgomp

Michael.

I wounder if lock tight would work or would the gas go through it?

Try staking the edge of the screws with a centerpunch lightly.

Yea that Locktite could come off and get in place you do not want it,and then back off with the carb again.

When my problem accured, those screws backed out enough that it pinned the float open. If you look at the underside of the head of the screws there are surations to lock em in place. The other side was tight enough that I hope I never have to take it apart. Tightened em up and could feel em dig in.

I assume the operater running the nut-driver heard the "lunch break bell" and rushed off.

Also you can see in my pic the computer screen has LARS paper on there. Followed that and haven't had a problem sence.

Michael.

Well talked to the factory rep this morning and he is sending me a return postage so I can ship it back for repair I am sure it will be taken care of.

Darrow

PS I will let you know how it turns out when I get it back.

Holley, BG, ProForm and QuickFuel all recommend that you occasionally check the screws in their carbs for tightness and leakage. It's part of the normal process of owning and operating one of these carbs, which also includes replacing the bowl gaskets occasionally. If left unattended, these carbs will leak. It gives you an excuse to tinker with your car and enjoy the hobby...

Lars

Holley, BG, ProForm and QuickFuel all recommend that you occasionally check the screws in their carbs for tightness and leakage. It's part of the normal process of owning and operating one of these carbs, which also includes replacing the bowl gaskets occasionally. If left unattended, these carbs will leak. It gives you an excuse to tinker with your car and enjoy the hobby...

Lars

lars I try ed to find the gaskets and one is a little different then the holly set.
And I also find it hard to get a numbered parts breakdown any suggestions.

ProForm uses the same Metering Block gaskets as the QuickFuel carbs. Metering block gasket part number (Summit number) is QFT-8-139.

The parts breakdown other than that is the same as a Holley, and the Proform parts all interchange as the same parts. ProForm does not have an illustrated parts breakdown of their carbs.

Lars

lars thanks for the info. I think I like the Q-Jet better But I like to play with them all. With the set up 454 hooker side pipes and sts inserts the car breathes very well. Lots of fun
seeing how different carbs act.