Think stars matter?

I gave up posting on C.F. when the %$^%^& morrons were allowed to run wild and post personal attacts and spout b.s. that any sane person knew was b.s. and no-one did a damn thing about it! I know lots of other guys that feel the same way, leave C.F. to the wantabee windbag morrons or too those guys with a very high tollerance for B.S. and abuse!, no sence wasting time on most of those decent folks that remain,when the morrons seem to run most threads into the ground with zero supervision, its a shame really

Last edited:
Now I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. :twitch:

The question might just change your mind, the answer definitely reinforces your statement....."what do I torque my interior screws?".....asked by (I don`t remember) answered by (guess who?).
redvetracr

I almost forgot about that :crylol:

Think that row of pretty stars at CF means something? Think again.:lol:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2104862

Dang! I don't think my plug wires are Corvette Specific! They all reach from the cap to the plugs, but after reading that, I'm worried they aren't long enough. Do you guys think it will hurt my engine? Do you think that by being too short I'll get too much of that blue spark stuff to my plugs and foul them? And how do you deal with a fouled plug, anyway? Give it a free throw? Is that related to crank throw? Jeez, so much to think about---and what's the torque setting for the boots onto the plugs, in case I have to redo them? I'm really worried now, I may have really screwed up my motor.....

Dang! I don't think my plug wires are Corvette Specific! They all reach from the cap to the plugs, but after reading that, I'm worried they aren't long enough. Do you guys think it will hurt my engine? Do you think that by being too short I'll get too much of that blue spark stuff to my plugs and foul them? And how do you deal with a fouled plug, anyway? Give it a free throw? Is that related to crank throw? Jeez, so much to think about---and what's the torque setting for the boots onto the plugs, in case I have to redo them? I'm really worried now, I may have really screwed up my motor.....

The way I fixed the blue spark - fouling problem, was to arc weld the plug gap closed. No more problems. :huh:

The way I fixed the blue spark - fouling problem, was to arc weld the plug gap closed. No more problems. :huh:

:harhar::harhar::harhar::devil::withstupid:Werks for ME.....

Hey U gave a a idea, another post.....

:harhar::harhar::harhar::devil::withstupid:Werks for ME.....

Hey U gave a a idea, another post.....

You see, even "I" can be helpful.:quote:

Awww man i'm getting a real headache now :banghead: when i installed my new Tyler wires i cut every last one of them :push: so does that mean i'm getting to much spark now? or not enough? does that change the tq on installing them???????:surrender: I see a frame off rebuild in my future :smash::smash::smash:

Awww man i'm getting a real headache now :banghead: when i installed my new Tyler wires i cut every last one of them :push: so does that mean i'm getting to much spark now? or not enough? does that change the tq on installing them???????:surrender: I see a frame off rebuild in my future :smash::smash::smash:

Before you do the full frame off, you might just try dissassembling and reassembling your engine to make sure that your lifters are torqued correctly in the bore because that could cause the blue spark to jump up through the carb causing a fire.....if the lifters are torqued properly(-120 ft lbs), then your plug wires are fine:bump:

Last edited:

Before you do the full frame off, you might just try dissassembling and reassembling your engine to make sure that your lifters are torqued correctly in the bore because that could cause the blue spark to jump up through the carb causing a fire.....if the lifters are torqued properly(-120 ft lbs), then your plug wires are fine:bump:

from the PHD in engines.....

:crylol::crylol::ill:

Should I clock the lifters while I'm at it?

Well, if you haven't clocked your lifters at this point, you are a real dumbass...everyone knows that an incorrectly clocked lifter is the death knell for a spark plug boot. :shocking:

What i have to TQ the lifters and clock them :crap: i'm in serious trouble :crutches: how late is o'reilys open? can they clock them on the car or do i need to remove them :sweat:
Shit! i'm just going to the full frame off resto now :waxer: and i was having such a nice summer :goodnight:

OH BTW. does it matter which way the spark plug boots are pointing? can they point any direction,or do they all have to point the same way :suicide:
It's amazing that my car run's at all :huh2:

What i have to TQ the lifters and clock them :crap: i'm in serious trouble :crutches: how late is o'reilys open? can they clock them on the car or do i need to remove them :sweat:
Shit! i'm just going to the full frame off resto now :waxer: and i was having such a nice summer :goodnight:

OH BTW. does it matter which way the spark plug boots are pointing? can they point any direction,or do they all have to point the same way :suicide:

Know what...after giving it some serious thought, all you really need to do is get some hooters girls to wash your car with the t-tops off.....that should solve all of your problems:thumbs:

Know what...after giving it some serious thought, all you really need to do is get some hooters girls to wash your car with the t-tops off.....that should solve all of your problems:thumbs:

With there t-tops off,or the car's t-tops off :amazed:
I hope it's option #1:bump:

Either option will do, but you need to be carefull about option one, it tends to make your plug wire boots stick strait up....don't know why, just happens:lol:

Either option will do, but you need to be carefull about option one, it tends to make your plug wire boots stick strait up....don't know why, just happens:lol:

Well that should take care of clocking them and making sure they are all in alignment. I nipple i mean i wonder if the car will run better after jahoobies i mean afterwards.:wink: