the CSI pewter99 actually at work, hiding from the CF

Maybe hijacking, but WTH....I have been in the Corvette service and restoration business since about 1980. I don't know of ANY vendors who sell only American-made restoration products. I have bought from Doc, on a small time basis, for many years. No problems to speak of....But, if it's not made in the U.S.A., I tell my customers there is NO warranty on the part. Most of the "G.M. Restoration " parts out there are now made in China, and don't fit/perform nearly as good as the original G.M. product. Even A-C Delco products, like clutches, fuel and water pumps are made in China. Just because a part comes in a pretty blue and white box is no guarantee that the part is genuine G.M./American made. Next to the taxes I pay, nothing pisses me off more than low quality parts.

Keep in mind that a lot less people could afford to keep these old cars on the road if cheap parts were not available. You gotta have some pressure there or USA made parts would be out of this world.

If i had to pay $1200 for a rear spindle, i'd just drive mine to the dump and forget it. A lot of older classic cars are hitting the dump or just sitting and rotting because parts and services are way way too high.

A cheap part may be fine for someone who drives their classic 500 miles a year.

Not buying that. I was in business before the cheap crap came out. My customers would gladly pay more for a quality part. Price a rear letter set for a '68 to '72. What makes those worth $150+ for 8 letters? Greed. The crap parts are so poorly made, that the manufacturers of the good stuff rape the customers that want the best quality. The way I see it, some Corvette owners want to only pay Wal-mart prices. I blame them for the import crap. I know better. Some people should not own a Corvette. Just my $.02.

Most of the "G.M. Restoration " parts out there are now made in China, and don't fit/perform nearly as good as the original G.M. product. Even A-C Delco products, like clutches, fuel and water pumps are made in China. Just because a part comes in a pretty blue and white box is no guarantee that the part is genuine G.M./American made. Next to the taxes I pay, nothing pisses me off more than low quality parts.

The reason people will try to foster off cheap low quality repro parts is because there are people will buy them. What is so frustrating is that when you look at a cheap repro, you just imagine the price of the tooling to manufacture the part and then you think that for a fraction more, they could turn out a quality part. A cheap repro part may go 90% of the way to good quality, why don't they just go the extra bit of manufacturing/tooling expense?

There are some good quality repro parts. An extreme few...(extremely few) are surprisingly better. For instance when a steel part is repro'ed in stainless.

Last edited:
Well, like the case of the Corvette letters in the rear, in all honesty, I like my olde tyme '65 Fuel Injection emblem better.....Red White Blue.....

not only better, IMO, but for 5 bux, not 150 for whatever....

:bounce::nuts:

Funny. When I started in the Model T hobby, the only repops were made in Argentina of all places, and a few Japanese parts. Now, you can buy almost the entire car, and 98% of the parts are American made.
It's great for the T hobby, and it would be great in this one. Too bad it just ain't so anymore. Like Lars says, it's the 50/50 hobby. Half fits, and half is crap.

I have found that there's loads of genuine NOS, non-Corvette specific spares out here if I know what to ask for. If I ask for such and such a part to suit an 82 Corvette, everyone says "no" but if it's a part that was common to other Chevies, then there's a good chance they'll have it...

Maybe hijacking, but WTH....I have been in the Corvette service and restoration business since about 1980. I don't know of ANY vendors who sell only American-made restoration products. I have bought from Doc, on a small time basis, for many years. No problems to speak of....But, if it's not made in the U.S.A., I tell my customers there is NO warranty on the part. Most of the "G.M. Restoration " parts out there are now made in China, and don't fit/perform nearly as good as the original G.M. product. Even A-C Delco products, like clutches, fuel and water pumps are made in China. Just because a part comes in a pretty blue and white box is no guarantee that the part is genuine G.M./American made. Next to the taxes I pay, nothing pisses me off more than low quality parts.

Keep in mind that a lot less people could afford to keep these old cars on the road if cheap parts were not available. You gotta have some pressure there or USA made parts would be out of this world.

If i had to pay $1200 for a rear spindle, i'd just drive mine to the dump and forget it. A lot of older classic cars are hitting the dump or just sitting and rotting because parts and services are way way too high.

A cheap part starts wearing out on you pretty fast, when you have to dis -and reassemble it every damn 5 minutes because the part is faulty.

A cheap part starts wearing out on you pretty fast, when you have to dis -and reassemble it every damn 5 minutes because the part is faulty.

We had to get 3 Custom Autosounds radios one time for a customers car before we got one that worked. Don't get me started on all the crap from your friendly Corvette parts retailers. Shame on them. When I call them to bitch about the crappy parts, they say "you're the first one to have this problem". First one my ass. I should print up a catalog of all the parts that don't fit or work correctly.

We had to get 3 Custom Autosounds radios one time for a customers car before we got one that worked. Don't get me started on all the crap from your friendly Corvette parts retailers. Shame on them. When I call them to bitch about the crappy parts, they say "you're the first one to have this problem". First one my ass. I should print up a catalog of all the parts that don't fit or work correctly.

Perhaps it is time for a new section. "Product reviews" . Consumer opinions of Vette specific products.

Perhaps it is time for a new section. "Product reviews" . Consumer opinions of Vette specific products.
Funny you should mention "reviews". When Ecklers de-did their on-line catalog several years ago, they had a "user reviews" tab adjacent to each product, where users could leave good or bad reviews. I left a few negative comments on a few recent parts I ordered (very poor quality). Needless to say, the next day the review feature was gone! Go figure.

Funny you should mention "reviews". When Ecklers de-did their on-line catalog several years ago, they had a "user reviews" tab adjacent to each product, where users could leave good or bad reviews. I left a few negative comments on a few recent parts I ordered (very poor quality). Needless to say, the next day the review feature was gone! Go figure.

:crap: The TRUTH hurts!

pewter99 & Jabbott from *** have been taunting me for months

I answered these supporters of free speech right here

my post is currently last

http://vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6511

There must be some techie way to cripple their website. It's not like they don't deserve it! :devil:

http://www.bannedcampforum.org/default.aspx?g=topics&f=2

From there look for a guy that maybe have managed that.....

and I wish I could remember the handle...but inquiry would probably work....

I not visited there in a while....the guy is obviously a superior geek....

Sorry guys, this is going to be long.....

sherrif deputies aren't real cops. In general, the less they do, the better off the public is.

I beg to differ sir.
As a retired Sheriff's Deputy in what was at the time the 5th largest unincorporated law enforcement agency in the country, I take exception to your comment
I'm not sure where you're from, and I realize that in many of the Northern states, the Sheriff is a bailiff, jailer and "maybe" has a patrol division.
That's why in the academy, we were taught to shout "POLICE" instead of "SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT" when effecting a raid or other such event.
So the Northerners (and foreigners) wouldn't get confused:harhar:

The Sheriff, in the Southern States, is THE CHIEF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER within thier respective counties, and has the responsibility of criminal, and traffic enforcment, as well as the service of warrants, enforceable civil process (evictions, levy's, etal), and is still vested with security of the courthouses and courtroom, and control and supervision of the county correctional facility.

I've worked in patrol, special operations, special investigations, Street Crimes, and a variety of other assignments to include training (weapons, tactical driving, police motorcycle operation, etc.), and can assure you, I've placed more than one ass behind bars for a significant part of thier future;)

And if you still aren't convinced that Sheriff's Deputies are "real cops", let me introduce to a few of my friends:)
They might be able to change your mind....as soon as you make bail:D

Sorry for the rant, but I've busted my ass for 30 years as a LEO, and don't take kindly to that sort of comment.

As to Mr. Briggs....in that case, you're 100% correct.

Although they're now armed (IIRC), his actual title is "Crime Scene Technician" or some crap like that, and he is assigned to the "forensics unit" of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

He takes photos, dusts for prints, and gathers "forensic" evidence at the scene of a crime.
Other than that, he has little if anything to do with "real" police work or solving a fecking crime!

It seems that Pewter is a control freak and on a power trip.
I think Pewter gives cops a bad name.

I've known Mr. Briggs for many years. I knew him "pre-mod" at Brand X.
He was actually a pretty decent little dude:rofl:

We would hang out at CF functions.
I've been to his home when he was married to his "other" wife (nice lady BTW), and gone shooting with him on a few occasions.
He's even asked me to assist him with a new weapon he'd purchased.

Post Mod status, he became a prick!

As some of you know, I moderate another Corvette related forum (a Florida forum) as "Shadow."
When I saw where he was headed with his posts on Brand X, I spoke with him personally, as both a friend and as moderator to moderator.
He thinks our style of "moderation" is useless, because we're not out to see how many people we can ban in a month!
As you do here, we'd much rather have fun and not be so fecking anal about little piddly "violations."
Then again, when you've spent most of your adult life writing tickets and putting arses in jail, banning somebody just doesn't have that much "oommpf", if you know what I mean?

I've tried several times to get him to back off a bit and relax.
Instead, I got the F**k you treatment and "if they (members) don't like it and want to leave, well don't let the door hit them in the ass!":rolleyes:

He just got worse and worse over time.:(

He became a member of our Florida forum, and started causing trouble there.

He logged on with multiple screen names, started using an anonymous server (I forget what they're called) and creating dissent, etc., all the things that would get you and I banned at Brand X!

I did my research, and was able to put the pieces together and show that this was happening on duty.
As well, we could at least imply, that some of this was coming from a Sheriff's Office computer, so I contacte the MIS division (computer geeks) at the PCSO, in an effort to stop the crap.

They wanted me to file an Internal Affairs complaint against him, but I refused.
I didn't want his fecking head, I just wanted the BS to stop!

Instead, I found out who his major was, and contacted him.
He happened to be an old Coast Guard buddy of mine, and a real "by the book" kind of guy when it comes to on duty activities..:D

His comment was, "I pay him to work, not play on the internet!"

I reconfirmed with him that I just wanted his nonsense stopped, and did not want any "formal action" against him, or noted in his permanent file.

The BS stopped almost immediately:D as did a lot of the "On Duty" posting on Brand X.

He hasn't been seen on our site since.:)

His squeeze, Yellow (WTF ever) was still hanging around for a while, but I think that was more to keep an eye on things and stir crap, than anything else.

She even accused me of trying to get his job (why would I want it?) and "almost costing him his job, home and vette":hissyfit:

Oh....the drama :mobeer: ...If she only knew;)
It was probably because of me that he didn't get fired, suspended, etc....some of the crap he was posting was probably not sanctioned by the PCSO for release.

Maybe so, but I've long since headed off into other directions to make an income.

Smart man!
Most the attorney's I work with today, wish or are actively looking for another way to make a living.

We have a section on our regional board called the Board of Inquiry.
It requires you provide your full name before posting and it's strictly monitored.
There is case law out there on internet libel.
As long as the accusations are supportable by fact, you don't have an issue.

If OTOH, they're speculation, or innuendo, hearsay, or intentionally intended to harm or mallign a person or business, the forum owners can be in a world of chit:)

As I recall, a couple of websites have had to pay $$$ because they either engaged in, promoted, or supported efforts such as you mention.

Hope that helps a little?

...There must be some techie way to cripple their website. It's not like they don't deserve it! :devil:

You know, if we can cause a computer worm that destroys another countries nuclear capability, I'd bet someone could find something that would screw with brand X:goodevil:

Then again....why bother?:drink:

Last edited:

sherrif deputies aren't real cops. In general, the less they do, the better off the public is.

I beg to differ sir.
As a retired Sheriff's Deputy in what was at the time the 5th largest unincorporated law enforcement agency in the country, I take exception to your comment
:

I figured that sheriff's deputies would. It ain't like being a big city cop. I don't think you are going to argue that.

I just got banned from CF a while back by someone protecting all the gun carrying nut jobs survivalists. They won't tell you who's banning you.

Anyway anytime i hear about a shooting like what happened in AZ. I wonder if it's one of those guys.

rodeck350 said:

I beg to differ sir.

I figured that sheriff's deputies would. It ain't like being a big city cop. I don't think you are going to argue that.

I just got banned from CF a while back by someone protecting all the gun carrying nut jobs survivalists. They won't tell you who's banning you.

Anyway anytime i hear about a shooting like what happened in AZ. I wonder if it's one of those guys.

ANYone on the vette sites a comnazi?? not that I know of....maybe the two leading fools on the poly ticks sections ELSEWHERE be about the closest match up....

Sorry, I mistyped what I meant....please correct .....

Last edited:
ANYone on the vette sites a comnazi?? not that I know of....maybe the two leading fools on the poly ticks section here be about the closest match up....

I dunno. What do you call some dude that has a picture of Timmothy McVeigh on their wall and want to overthrow the government because the president is black?

The mods over at CF tend to run with folks like that. The OT and PR&C section is infested with them types.

If having a problem with people like that makes me a commie greenie wienie then so be it.

First they restricted me from posting on the pollitics section then full on ban later after i made fun of some nuts "bug out bag".

Last edited:
[

I beg to differ sir.

"big city cop?":rofl::rofl:

Talk that trash to, oh, IDK...L.A. County, San Bernardino County, Fulton County (Atlanta), Davidson County (metro-Nashville), Duval (now a metro-Jax/Duval), Metro-Dade (Miami)......
And unlike a "city cop" (no offense to the brother's in blue...worn that one too:)), we have to worry about civil, criminal, jails, blah blah blah....and put up with the BS that IS county Law Enforcement:(

But I'm not here to argue the point, and I apologize if I came across a bit harsh.
It's just that I always took pride in working hard and giving the taxpayer what they paid for. I'm seeing more and more "me first" types entering the field these days, and it worries me.

Oh, I and I got banned from Brand X several years ago....you got some catchin' up to do;)

They're a sort of titless, gutless group of nuthangers IMO.
Don't have the balls to tell you whose screwin' you, and as with mine, not even why?:rolleyes:
At least if or when I ban someone, they know it's me and why!

In the end, it was a much better thing they did FOR me than TO me:)

Last edited:

He logged on with multiple screen names, started using an anonymous server (I forget what they're called) and creating dissent, etc., all the things that would get you and I banned at Brand X!

I did my research, and was able to put the pieces together and show that this was happening on duty.
As well, we could at least imply, that some of this was coming from a Sheriff's Office computer, so I contacte the MIS division (computer geeks) at the PCSO, in an effort to stop the crap.

They wanted me to file an Internal Affairs complaint against him, but I refused.

He happened to be an old Coast Guard buddy of mine, and a real "by the book" kind of guy when it comes to on duty activities..

I reconfirmed with him that I just wanted his nonsense stopped, and did not want any "formal action" against him, or noted in his permanent file.

The BS stopped almost immediately as did a lot of the "On Duty" posting on Brand X.

He hasn't been seen on our site since.

WELL DONE !!!! :devil:

He happened to be an old Coast Guard buddy of mine, and a real "by the book" kind of guy when it comes to on duty activities..

The BS stopped almost immediately as did a lot of the "On Duty" posting on Brand X.

He hasn't been seen on our site since.

WELL DONE !!!! :devil:

I agree. Pewter is a power hugry thug.