Six Link Rear Suspension

I know it has been posted here. But can someone give me a name as to who can manufacture the splined two piece half shafts in the states?

Thanks,
Ralphy

Ralphy, any HD truck driveshaft shop can build them up. Any length you want with any size U-Joint.

TT, please note that you may need to massage the trailing arm a bit in the spot where the bearing housings arm goes under it. Mine didn't quit seat completely, so I will have to grind some off.
Furthermore, the brakebracket makes the bolts get so close to the assembly that it gets difficult to turn the bolt. Some grinding there also.

Yes Sir :
Had to grind then polish to fit the bearing hub ..... Sits flush now :banghead:

P1000210-1.jpg P1000209-1.jpg

Half shafts .............best buy

I know it has been posted here. But can someone give me a name as to who can manufacture the splined two piece half shafts in the states?

Thanks,
Ralphy

Had mine done by
TATTON'S DRIVESHAFT'S
curtis. 1-801-685-0056

425.00 for 2 driveshafts. both with the 1350 slip and spline
and a 1350 weld yoke on the other end ,with the 2 1/4" 250
wall tubing and the solid spicer ujoints. shipped to you.

http://stores.ebay.com/TATTONS-DRIVESHAFTS?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Last edited:
I had my trailing arms made, but I just decided to stop the whole thing.

One reason is that a lot of parts are necessary to make it work, making it overly expensive (prices seem to rise faster than i can earn money for them) and the second is that i failed to improve the front suspension bushing setup so that they match the rear which is almost completly solid with this setup.

Had mine done by
TATTON'S DRIVESHAFT'S
curtis. 1-801-685-0056

are these the shafts for $425 ??? 1350 is the stock U-joint size ???
IMG_2363.jpg

Last edited:
Had mine done by
TATTON'S DRIVESHAFT'S
curtis. 1-801-685-0056

IMG_2363.jpg

Yes........ MYBAD79 those are the ones that Tatton's made for me.
If you interested.......... Ill look for my invoice number, so they can look it up and match . :thumbs:

IMG_2363.jpg

If you interested.......... Ill look for my invoice number, so they can look it up and match .
:thumbs:

Please Do! That would be great - and make it easy to get the "right stuff."
The wall thickness - how does that compare to "stock?" Any thoughts about having them done in 3 inch?
Cheers - Jim
3 weeks and I'm home - but who's counting?

If you interested.......... Ill look for my invoice number, so they can look it up and match . :thumbs:

oh well.... here I am going to spend another $425 on this car...... :smash:

thatnks for looking up the number... the 1350 joints fit the stock yokes, correct ???

the second is that i failed to improve the front suspension bushing setup so that they match the rear which is almost completly solid with this setup.

I was wondering about this, how about installing these instead of solid rod ends

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mr-Roadster-4-Bar-Rod-Ends,25122.html?parentDisplayId=1583

Still make the bars adjustable ..

Would this make it a bit less racey and a bit more street?

Don't know, but I have either the stock arms or the VBP offset arms to convert, so these are not an option, unless, i completly make a new arm.

Thanks,
Ralphy

Had mine done by
TATTON'S DRIVESHAFT'S
curtis. 1-801-685-0056

I used 2nd gen Viper shafts and had them shortened and balanced for $100. I have an extra set (unmodified) if anyone is interested. All Spicer components, good stuff.

Piere,
The rear toe rod, is it equal length to the half shaft or is it longer?
I have recently noticed the C4 design is longer. I'm guessing to add toe in with travel to reduce over steer?

Ralphy

Thanks BB! 4-10-11

Last edited:
The solution is not how long is the arm itself, but how it works with the other rods during the wheel travel.

Anyway the toe rod is equal to the lower rod..... the upper is shorter in order to have a small camber gain.

As you can see in the hub there is 3 holes, changing the outer pivot point will change the roll/bump steer/toe.
The higher hole will give you less roll steer..... the lower will give you more.
In my test I have seen that the lower hole will make the car very roll sensitive.... so I suggest to use the mid one or the upper one.

Keep in mind that the whole system is designed with very short wheel travel in mind !

I guess the term I should have used is bump steer. Looking at the pics it appears the top hole would be about parallel to the halfshaft and give the least bump steer/roll steer/ toe? I'm with a 90" wheel base so I'm sure I would be more twitchy! This design in regard to roll steer, toes the loaded side in and the unloaded positive?

Last edited:
The halfshat is not involved in the wheel control, so it's position don't matter.
The position of the toe rod is higher that the lower rod.... so it will works in relation of both uper and lower rods.

Yes, the design toes a bit the outer wheel (roll, for the outer wheel, works like bump).

Sorry if I keep saying that the system is designed for a quite short stroke suspension.
My coilovers have a stroke of some 3 inches..... and they are mounted with a ratio close to 100%.

Yes I did forget in my mind the halfshaft is no longer a member. As far as your 3" travel damper at 100%. I am looking at Pro Shock, they have a 4" travel 9X13 narrow body coil over. That is three position adjustable. I think they said it uses a 1 7/8" ID spring. If I see no advantage I will use a standard diameter coilover. I am really fighting for space in my kit car! I haven't seen to many setups that get nearly 100% travel from coil and shock as Corvette does.