Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

chassis pick up

picked up together with other cars chassis at Roadster shop

foto1_zps7b61ce9b.jpg

my chassis with temporary other wheels...

chassis2_zpsed5102ab.jpg
foto4_zpsef21a6ed.jpg
foto3_zps6f79c6b0.jpg
foto2_zps017b11d1.jpg

Totally beautiful/elegant chassis/frame....except for one thing, that cross support holding the trans tail......those exhaust loops in there, NO reason for them to have ever existed....cut out the bottoms, and reinforce the tops to carry the trans tail.....I have 6 bolts each to drop the cross support AND the entire exhaust system....

done in about 30 minits....

:smash::surrender:

the chassis and the engine at the national corvette museum

IMG_8512_zpsf024cb74.jpg
IMG_8511_zps448d6d41.jpg
IMG_8515_zpsa54e0d06.jpg
IMG_8514_zps245987a1.jpg
IMG_8513_zpse680d863.jpg

I second the idea of keeping the popups, they are now banned for safety reason, it's a privilege you should exercise.
IMHO it would be like putting a smog pump on a pre '75 engine.

My healigths pop up, fuck you lambos & ferraris :devil::kissass:

Light mod idea :
Instead of the big round headlight lenses, put some low profile rectangular lights (or smaller round) and then mod the headlights doors in such way they lay perfectly horizontal when open.

Thx.. we talked a lot about the headlights.. we thought there were finaly three options..

1) keep original with new technique so no vacuum..
2) delete them and put headlights in the grill
3) replace them for c6 styled ones.

ad1) this was a serious option.. but besides the vacuum system wich causes a lot of problems also the noise the headlights make when they are down and you ride over a bad road is one of the reasons to do sth else...
ad2) was a very very serious option.. Look what heartland customs did with the c2 zr1... but then the lights are to low for dutch law..
ad3) we came to this idea in the renderings.. i thnk it looks great in this updated theme of the car.. but as you see a lot of bad/ugly executions of this kind of headlights, the challenge is to execute it so good that it looks like it had been original...

Fantastic car and build all around. Everything has been well thought out and seems to be executed just as well. But I have to agree about the headlights. IMHO it is impossible to do the headlights inserted and make it look good at all. It would be a shame to spend all that money on a car just to F up the whole look by doing the headlights wrong. If I saw a car in a show that had inserted headlights like this I'd walk away from it before looking at anything else. It just isn't becoming for the C3.

This probably sounds like I'm being an ass, but I'm just being honest. Worst mod in the world is flushing the headlights. Then again, it isn't my car nor my money. If that's what puts a smile on your face, then by all means.

Last edited:
Roadster shop??
I see you changed the chassis...

yep... sold streetshop chassis and bought roadster shop chassis..

just the difference between good and better..

Don't know what the first chassis was vs this one. Why not a tube chassis? Just curious. It definitely looks nice but wouldn't tube be stronger and lighter? That is what I always heard anyway.

Last edited:
wow nice chassis , are you going to reinforce the corner section at no 3 body mount area at all ?

wow nice chassis , are you going to reinforce the corner section at no 3 body mount area at all ?

No need for a reinforcement in that area in the design of this chassis. It has been reinforced in the proper areas and tested for strength and rigidity.

Other less rigid chassis need reinforcement in those corners but not this one..

Roadster shop??
I see you changed the chassis...

yep... sold streetshop chassis and bought roadster shop chassis..

just the difference between good and better..

Don't know what the first chassis was vs this one. Why not a tube chassis? Just curious. It definitely looks nice but wouldn't tube be stronger and lighter? That is what I always heard anyway.

i never really considered a tube chassis... later i read somewhere that a tube chassis is not allowed in holland.. so good choice on that.

This is a roadster shop chassis http://roadstershop.com/

I second the idea of keeping the popups, they are now banned for safety reason, it's a privilege you should exercise.
IMHO it would be like putting a smog pump on a pre '75 engine.

My healigths pop up, fuck you lambos & ferraris :devil::kissass:

Light mod idea :
Instead of the big round headlight lenses, put some low profile rectangular lights (or smaller round) and then mod the headlights doors in such way they lay perfectly horizontal when open.

Thx.. we talked a lot about the headlights.. we thought there were finaly three options..

1) keep original with new technique so no vacuum..
2) delete them and put headlights in the grill
3) replace them for c6 styled ones.

ad1) this was a serious option.. but besides the vacuum system wich causes a lot of problems also the noise the headlights make when they are down and you ride over a bad road is one of the reasons to do sth else...
ad2) was a very very serious option.. Look what heartland customs did with the c2 zr1... but then the lights are to low for dutch law..
ad3) we came to this idea in the renderings.. i thnk it looks great in this updated theme of the car.. but as you see a lot of bad/ugly executions of this kind of headlights, the challenge is to execute it so good that it looks like it had been original...

Fantastic car and build all around. Everything has been well thought out and seems to be executed just as well. But I have to agree about the headlights. IMHO it is impossible to do the headlights inserted and make it look good at all. It would be a shame to spend all that money on a car just to F up the whole look by doing the headlights wrong. If I saw a car in a show that had inserted headlights like this I'd walk away from it before looking at anything else. It just isn't becoming for the C3.

This probably sounds like I'm being an ass, but I'm just being honest. Worst mod in the world is flushing the headlights. Then again, it isn't my car nor my money. If that's what puts a smile on your face, then by all means.

There is definitely a big challenge here to be one of the first to have the C3 get inserted headlight and have it look good. I agree all i saw of that was bad to really bad.. We changed the design from C6 based to Audi/Ferrari/Lamborghini/SLS based design with all the little single LED combined with the lightning LED and 2 HID on each side.