Project Menace: 1972 C3 Corvette

I've always wondered what the Audi R8 light would look like as a pop up in a C3... in short, replace the Corvette lights with a light system that looks like the Audi R8 (projectors and LEDs)

Roadster shop??
I see you changed the chassis...

yep... sold streetshop chassis and bought roadster shop chassis..

just the difference between good and better..

Don't know what the first chassis was vs this one. Why not a tube chassis? Just curious. It definitely looks nice but wouldn't tube be stronger and lighter? That is what I always heard anyway.

i never really considered a tube chassis... later i read somewhere that a tube chassis is not allowed in holland.. so good choice on that.

This is a roadster shop chassis http://roadstershop.com/

Hmm wonder why that would be.

I've always wondered what the Audi R8 light would look like as a pop up in a C3... in short, replace the Corvette lights with a light system that looks like the Audi R8 (projectors and LEDs)

check these..

the amber turnsignals are white leds when not activated...

Headlight-Concepts-2-4_zpsc1a2265b.jpg
72-Corvette-New-Headlights-1-1_zps5663f30c.jpg
Headlight-Concepts-2-2_zpse3a9d415.jpg

Last edited:

check these..

the amber turnsignals are white leds when not activated...

Headlight-Concepts-2-4_zpsc1a2265b.jpg
72-Corvette-New-Headlights-1-1_zps5663f30c.jpg
Headlight-Concepts-2-2_zpse3a9d415.jpg

I really like that .... were it my car, I'd make the lights pop up just enough for the projectors to shine, and put the signals down on the spoiler (which I'd never have thought of had I not seen your drawing).
thinking out loud here - using electro-tinting glass over the lights would be really cool as well (no pop-up light in that case)

Would you mind sharing the source and model of the hid projectors you are using? I love this project, definitely going to be a trendsetter.

Would you mind sharing the source and model of the hid projectors you are using? I love this project, definitely going to be a trendsetter.

do you mean just the projectors? that you can best ask jeff from heartland customs [email protected]

if you mean the whole housing, then i can tell its one of a kind machined

painting engine

Painting the engine and the gearbox in TITANIUM flat grey..

The carbon looks same colour as engine on these pics but the carbon is black in real..

IMG_9331_zpsfc6f2d8e.jpg
IMG_9334_zps0f3a3273.jpg
IMG_9373_zps5e8434fa.jpg
IMG_9374_zps81c04a9a.jpg
IMG_9375_zpse3dca553.jpg
IMG_9372_zps9ac05e68.jpg
IMG_9369_zps9ed7fdf3.jpg
IMG_9333_zps64219318.jpg

IMG_9417_zps10cd4954.jpg
IMG_9421_zpsd199bdee.jpg
IMG_9420_zps9be6da42.jpg
IMG_9419_zps5641d5a4.jpg
IMG_9418_zps7019668d.jpg

Last edited:
the cool way would be a stock appearing cover that slid into the cavity between the body and some projector lights:idea:

Aftermarket ABS system

were investigating the possibiity of adding an ABS system to the car.. Has anyone experiences in there..??

I know about the Bosch M4 kit, which is more of a professional race set up... But perhaps someone can tell me more..?

Let me know and thx!!

dennis

were investigating the possibiity of adding an ABS system to the car.. Has anyone experiences in there..??

I know about the Bosch M4 kit, which is more of a professional race set up... But perhaps someone can tell me more..?

Let me know and thx!!

dennis

Why not use a 4th gen f-body abs, seems pretty self contained but I guess you would need speed sensors

Let me know and thx!!

dennis

Why not use a 4th gen f-body abs, seems pretty self contained but I guess you would need speed sensors

yes thats a direction we could go to.. see also http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1108_abs_for_hot_rods/viewall.html

Let me know and thx!!

dennis

yes thats a direction we could go to.. see also http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1108_abs_for_hot_rods/viewall.html

If you need basic pics of a 4th gen f-body abs let me know

With the money behind this project, ABS brakes shouldn't be a problem. Absolutely amazing. I'd like to be doing something like this!!

Did I read that the 6 speed tranny is a T56? I thought that this tranny doesn't have that large of a foot-pound torque rating.