Problems with my NEW Eaton differential

275/60-15's now but for some reason they'e already bald????? He's buying some Nitto's now, I don't know the new size, I don't try to keep track anymore!:confused2:

Hi guys,
at this moment I don't have my new differential at home. Duntov said to my to have patience because there is a problem with the case, but in this week they will start to built ... I hope the end of story is near.

Stay tunnend for news.

Hi guys,
at this moment I don't have my new differential at home. Duntov said to my to have patience because there is a problem with the case, but in this week they will start to built ... I hope the end of story is near.

Stay tunnend for news.

ask your friends at Duntov how their vacation in Detroit was...I hear not very good.

Hi guys,

Stay tunnend for news.

ask your friends at Duntov how their vacation in Detroit was...I hear not very good.

It's about a race? I'm not informant of that, sorry.
I don't have "friend" in Duntov ... I woul'd like in this situation, but I don't have jet.

Too much time, I hope the new differential don't have problems like the last one. If it have prblems ... I burn it!!!

Hi guys,

Stay tunnend for news.

It's about a race? I'm not informant of that, sorry.
I don't have "friend" in Duntov ... I woul'd like in this situation, but I don't have jet.

Too much time, I hope the new differential don't have problems like the last one. If it have prblems ... I burn it!!!

I hope that works out for you....

How long does it take to build a diff? This is ridiculous. I'm afraid they have you by the gonads and are not going to make it right. Did you pay w/ credit card?

How long does it take to build a diff? This is ridiculous. I'm afraid they have you by the gonads and are not going to make it right. Did you pay w/ credit card?

yes, with american express. I'm waiting just for few days and after I move myself for have back my money.

Time to call Tony Soprano and the 'boom boom boys'.......

as a certain North Jersey gal I used to date, referred to some of her father's friends......:gurney::evil:

I hope yours gets put together better than this "Duntov special" it only lasted a few miles and from what I have been told it`s replacement didn`t do much better.

2009-11-27175828.jpg

I hope yours gets put together better than this "Duntov special" it only lasted a few miles and from what I have been told it`s replacement didn`t do much better.

2009-11-27175828.jpg

hey now, it has new bearings and clutches...says so right on the case! That's a fine rebuild!

2009-11-27175828.jpg

Ok, now I'm afraid, I'm seriusly afraid!!:mad:

Guys,
when I replace the diff (I hope that will happend!!), sure I will balance the driveshaft, but in your opinion Is a good idea change also U-joints? Now I have on my U-joints 10.000 miles, but this differential, I have on my vette now, have the frontal joke out of allinment and the driveshaft vibrate a lot at certain speed. My fear is the u-joint suffer this situation. Is possible I have future problem with others parts for you? In your experience what is better I change or check when I will instal my new diff.?

what you see pictured is due to lousy rebuilding of the differential plus some abuse. If your joints are tight then they should be ok, if they're not the solid spicers then you may break one but that won't cause the diff to come apart like that.
If you used a poly snubber bushing some are out of size and can cause the DS to be out of alignment.
You should have had your replacement diff by now.

Last edited:
what you see in the photos is not "only" lousy alignment of the DS angle. It takes a lot of abuse or power to take a differential to its destructive death....

bottom line:
you don't hear stories like this about differentials that were built by individuals who know what they're doing.... there were more than just a few complaints about differentials or other parts like trailing arms/bearings that were "rebuilt" and purchased thru one of the big vendors....

Last edited:
what you see pictured is due to lousy rebuilding of the differential plus some abuse. If your joints are tight then they should be ok, if they're not the solid spicers then you may break one but that won't cause the diff to come apart like that.
If you used a poly snubber bushing some are out of size and can cause the DS to be out of alignment.
You should have had your replacement diff by now.

Thanks Gary, you are always in my mind when I hear the orrible sound of my diff. hahaha
Now I know I have had follow your words in the past.

What you meaning with "solid spicers" ( soory, but my english is very bad)?
Which busghing you consider that work in the allingment of DF?

what you see pictured is due to lousy rebuilding of the differential plus some abuse.

I don`t know about abuse but according to the guy who put it in the car, and took it out of the car it had (maybe) 5-10 miles on it...a couple of laps at Sebring....

2009-11-27175828.jpg

The case says new clutches but if you look closely it has slotted clutches which haven't been available for many years.
I hope this works out for you too but unfortunately the odds aren't good.

Howard, what happened it Detroit?
Mike