Plastic Fantastic 2

My water pump didn't have an outlet for the heater hose so I had the put a tee in the lower radiator hose. I think I found this from a tractor supply place:

1704623246578.png

Put the hood on today - to be sure I found problems before I fully committed to solutions.... hood space is as expected
3poAQkdh.jpg
throttle cable clears (barely)
1CtStgvh.jpg

oh and a few surprises - it's no surprise I'm voiding warranties
JJDll2eh.jpg
UiIykRUh.jpg
this is the trans cooler installed in the tank
W6Or8MAh.jpg
took a bit of chopping to get it out
xAvPti2h.jpg
however once I did my chopping I found something interesting.... notice anything missing here?
GsloC8ch.jpg
4WzSR52h.jpg

if you said "shouldn't that transmission cooler have some way of keeping the coolant out of that tube.... you'd be spot on. Can you imagine the poor saps who bought these things, installed them, then found coolant in their transmission and their cooling system full of ATF?

so I have to take back my concern about that tube blocking most of the tank... it doesn't.... lol. Chinesium at its finest.

"one more step to building the Buick", sweeter words have never been heard. Happy new year by the way!
lol.... it'll happen

In tonight's conundrum - why would a pressure sensor work when it's not attached to the fuel rail but show an error when connected?
pFNln8Zh.jpg

Adding to the fun. Okay, stepping back, new company, new product and based in Australia.... I have questions so got stopped almost instantly
QuPNNZgh.jpg

hopefully tomorrow I'll have answers and it'll be full go again.

Grounding or shorted out internally might be the sensor issue.

Adding to the fun. Okay, stepping back, new company, new product and based in Australia.... I have questions so got stopped almost instantly
qupnnzgh-jpg.56367

hopefully tomorrow I'll have answers and it'll be full go again.
I'll be watching this closely. I haven't gotten far enough down track to check my system. Are you setting up the IR sensors? The TPMS looks pretty straightforward. I'll just be using the phone app - no ecm/dash display.
Cheers - Jim

I may follow your plan.... I don't have a place for the monitor

Been an exciting day.... 75 mph winds, power outages... but I did get a brown santa visit
I need to tie the upper a-arms together... these will make the bit removeable.
bxFG7HIh.jpg
and hoses, extras because closeout pricing
Bh6dFQEh.jpg
and some intake piping that I may not use...
m4rf3HKh.jpg
and the piece de coolant....
Sz8y1qYh.jpg
will require some rearranging, but should work well
still waiting on a couple parts that won't be here earlier then Friday (did I ever mention my dislike of FedEx?)

two envisionings tonight. Hmm... spellchk doesn't like that
First.. where to put the reservoir
Sz8y1qYh.jpg
need to make a hole
AZ8NfNUh.jpg
here it will be
WW3e7Evh.jpg
cyTEBrVh.jpg
pxbCDWuh.jpg
then onto the radiator - more specifically, the air intake
lgxHedkh.jpg
N1gRIEQh.jpg
move it 30* then it works just fine
IEDtNtNh.jpg
still don't know what air cleaner, so this is back in play
1vqvxQjh.jpg

Really appreciate Team Plus - did a zoom call with him to figure out some programming issues. Zoom call with someone in Australia.
so once the programming was done, clean spots to glue the sensors in place...
vuoKY1ph.jpg
test
Uwy3Lldh.jpg
then not use those spots... and run the power wire inside.
84boanCh.jpg
pretty sure I'll glue them in place then seal the holes... I could make them removeable but putting a screw on top of a tire just seems dumb

then envisioning for the reservoir
7WPBlych.jpg
not a lot of spare room. I still have to put a breather in place

in other news, I'm still waiting for several parts - and Sunday will be quite booked

Not there yet - but had the same "screw" thoughts was thinking rivet-nuts + Loctite. Planning on only doing 2 of 4 corners each (diagonaly).
May trial the TPMS on my Pirellis this weekend. Just to read and weep as I'm not even close to done yet.

Cheers - Jim

Not there yet - but had the same "screw" thoughts was thinking rivet-nuts + Loctite. Planning on only doing 2 of 4 corners each (diagonaly).
May trial the TPMS on my Pirellis this weekend. Just to read and weep as I'm not even close to done yet.

Cheers - Jim
maybe I should use the tri-fold rivets I have.... no ingress into the cabin and they shouldn't ever let loose.... but if I need them to, I can remove them. With epoxy, it's not coming off nicely

in other news
forgot to mention - the problem I had with updating the turtles for the Team Plus sensors was I needed to update my USB driver.... I hate computers

Last edited:
onward.
just need to plug a few things and attach a couple things...
6hB1ZUA.jpg
after a lot of in and out.... this is what I came up with
LdLoT2ph.jpg
jN8ONEHh.jpg
weld a bit, attach a few bits
Mh9PIZnh.jpg
hEy5OAYh.jpg

need to finish the cap then pressure test... then everything else

Question. Plumbing the remote tank has some challenges that would be made far simpler with an electric heating element.... Optima requires HVAC, but they don't require it to work well.... what if I just re-engineered the system? it'd give me tons more room.....

today's fun started with a wheelbarrow... need heat in the shop and wheelbarrow is the transport device.... but the tire is defective as it is flat on one side
cUiKURjh.jpg
so I got a new one that doesn't take air
btc9iR6h.jpg
once the fire was going and the temps were above 40*
tacked the over bar in place
PeZHVdih.jpg
and test fitted everything... a bit close on the lower hose but it clears...
hr6hNdKh.jpg
problem is I can't use both fans on the same side now... the hose interferes with it.
put it on the outside doesn't seem like a good idea either
ohsXQGBh.jpg

now about Summit Racing
Summit Racing is my go-to place. I'd rather buy in my town but there ain't much here.

so story time with a moral... Ordered parts from Summit. When ordering from them, it either takes 2 days to get the parts or 10 days. And I check where it's coming from. So I get a notice that it's coming in 2 days (today - weird because holiday) but dunno, and tomorrow is fine too. So I go to my email and check arrival times... that's weird, I got a second email with arrival times. First one, 1/15, next one 1/22. Get on the phone, explain (for the second time in as many days) that I rely on those dates - and it's not a huge deal if you send me an email that says "your parts are delayed".... but this surprise stuff, a big 'no'

They do nothing about the Mongolian yak shipping - but give me $80 back... which I use to buy the parts I absolutely needed this week from Jegs. Now, whenever that stuff arrives, I'll have spares...

The moral in all of this is don't order online, call in your order. Get the salesperson's name and employee number. Weirdest thing, when I do that - it arrives as expected.... that said, if they continue to give me 25% off for 10 day orders - I'll suck it up.

I try not to order from Summit. They use some weird delivery service that does not have tracking and leaves your box on the ground next to the mailbox (on the street).

The HVAC requirement (assume heat only?) that does not have to work well, is interesting. I thing Hot Rod Air sells a heater that is inside the car and frees up room in the engine bay. I saw a EV heater system explained. My takeaway is you could heat your house with it, as a huge part of it heats the batteries. Sounds like the thermodynamic equivalent of a snake eating it's tail.

first, weatherstrip the radiator
eepMuclh.jpg
then it was paper-mâché night
X7jTlARh.jpg
or arts and crafts?
GgMXSIUh.jpg
once the right side fit, make a mirror
e6g4PfKh.jpg
now we have our CAD... why did I make 2, there's more...
Ee8xeMgh.jpg

bumper brackets
L3UeMAsh.jpg
now in metal
Xd6Fcyph.jpg
5B12EOah.jpg
repurpose the spoiler from last year
XStJX2vh.jpg
then time to do some epoxy repairs
jGPcNkXh.jpg
lots of changes, but first fill the holes
TAv90jkh.jpg