i want to buy a S197 but dread talking to car salesmen

Go to the dealership a few times, let them feel that you are seriously interested. Wait until the end of the month, preferably a Friday or Saturday night JUST BEFORE CLOSING to make your deal.

Car dealerships borrow money from a bank to buy their cars - it's called a floor plan, the bank holds the note as long as the car sits on the showroom floor. At the end of the month the bank wants their money, any unsold cars cost the dealership more dough.

Car salespeople like to party especially on a Friday or Saturday night.

Are you following my drift yet?

At the end of the month the dealership needs to move as many units as possible. Car salespeople want to go party on a Friday or Saturday. Go at the end of the month (Friday or Saturday) just before closing (closing = party time) and they will practically give it away just to put another "sold" unit on the books, then they can go to the bar and brag and celebrate what great salespeople they are.

Car dealerships are like whore houses - they want your money and will do whatever it takes to get it, even if it is a "skinny" deal. I would think that this is true more nowadays than ever.

Avoid financing through the dealership if you can - they make a fair amount of profit on this end of the deal too. They are in bed with the bank, remember?

Good Luck and HAVE FUN! Work 'em over good and if you ain't happy just walk away! You can always try it at another dealership.

Good Luck and HAVE FUN! Work 'em over good and if you ain't happy just walk away! You can always try it at another dealership.

I can't have fun doing this. I just don't have the patience and tolerance for any bullshit. I blew up again yesterday. I don't feel like talking about it right now. The convertables are starting to disappear so i snapped one up..

I just gave them the check today. Candy apple red 08 with 12 miles. I got 7000 off sticker.

I need to go to anger managment classes.

Well, let's see it. $7,000 off ain't bad. Your helping to stimulate the economy. :skeptic:

picking up on sat

5076530102_large.jpg

5076530103_large.jpg

western mass on sat

5076530105_large.jpg

cape cod a few hours ago (sunday)

5076530106_large.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car, Jim! Now, what's the wife gonna say when you start racing it? Or will she just tell you to go to hell as she straps on her helmet? :D

Nice ride! Looks kinda strange with you in short sleeves, the top down on the stang and a massive pile of snow in the background.

Looks good Jim. Should make momma happy.:thumbs:
Looks like you lost a few pounds too.;)

Looks like you lost a few pounds too.;)

Actually, It looks like i've got a pretty good gut there. I must have been slouching. I've been trying to eat less and have been doing weighted crunches for about the past 3 years. Its just maddening.

So now i'll be detailing this thing every weekeng for the wife. Should i use the zaino stuff or just good old carnaubra wax?.

:waxer: I'm a show n' shiner now.:suicide:

So now i'll be detailing this thing every weekeng for the wife. Should i use the zaino stuff or just good old carnaubra wax?.

:waxer: I'm a show n' shiner now.:suicide:

You have along way to have her catch up to the Vette. Maybe a weekend at the bottom of Boston Haarbor would help.:nuts:

:lol::lol:

"I cannot find that statement to be untrue"

:rofl:

I never tried Zaino...I use Carnuba. Try the C5 section over at that other place...those guys probably know Zaino...hell, they could probably even tell you how to detail a cup holder.

:lol::lol:

"I cannot find that statement to be untrue"

:rofl:

I never tried Zaino...I use Carnuba. Try the C5 section over at that other place...those guys probably know Zaino...hell, they could probably even tell you how to detail a cup holder.

Cup holder? where are those located at in are cars??? i have looked and can not find one in my vette anywhere,it's not even in the AIM manual :goodnight:

:fishing: