i want to buy a S197 but dread talking to car salesmen

They all do that now,they don't want to waste their time on tire kickers,plus they want to try and pressure you into buying. Next time tell them YES i will buy today if we can agree on a price,and then when you are tired of messing with them,walk.

Couple more things,do not tell them your price,and do not tell them you have a trade if you plan on trading a car.

f-them.

He has my number so he can call and beg me to come back. Nobody is buying cars right now, so they can kiss my hairy ass.

They all do that now,they don't want to waste their time on tire kickers,plus they want to try and pressure you into buying. Next time tell them YES i will buy today if we can agree on a price,and then when you are tired of messing with them,walk.

Couple more things,do not tell them your price,and do not tell them you have a trade if you plan on trading a car.

f-them.

He has my number so he can call and beg me to come back. Nobody is buying cars right now, so they can kiss my hairy ass.

:phone: Okee Dokee then

Yea, I just go in there write down what I will pay and the monthly payments I will pay and what I want to give for the down or take for a my trade-in. It usually takes about 5 to 6 hours, but I always win. Research the lowest possible cost and payments possible. It's all there, just need to research it out on the net.:D

I've been thinking about having a cashiers check drawn up for the price i want to pay. Take that in with me and say that's it.

That probably won't work either.

I would probably be better off buying from a private seller.

Or just show up cash in hand, if they won't take it, make a deposit again....

ok car buying experts.

I went by the used car dealership to look at a car. I asked the salesman what their out the door fees would be. He wouldn't tell me because i told him i was not going to buy today.

f-them.

Yea, I just go in there write down what I will pay and the monthly payments I will pay and what I want to give for the down or take for a my trade-in. It usually takes about 5 to 6 hours, but I always win. Research the lowest possible cost and payments possible. It's all there, just need to research it out on the net.:D

I agree with all of this. Don't give in...walk if you don't get what you want...don't worry about the bullshit. They will call you.

I've been thinking about having a cashiers check drawn up for the price i want to pay. Take that in with me and say that's it.

That probably won't work either.

I would probably be better off buying from a private seller.

Here is a tip that a GM of a dealership gave me.

Go in the last day of the month (preferrably the last day of the quarter, if you can find that out). This is when they are best motivated.
The big money for the dealership is in the rebates, incentive, quota bonus they get from the manufacturer. They have been known to loose money on a sale if it puts them over the top, unit wise.
For new only.

Went out shopping for a car today. There was a really nice 2007 Mustang at the Ford dealer with 700 miles on it. Owned by an 84 year old man for one week then he brought it back. Still smells new inside. Almost ready to go get a check and the wife asked him to pop the trunk. There was a handfull of eaten up sunflower seeds in there. MOUSE. This is a major suburban Boston Ford dealer with this crap. Dammit. You have to be carefull with cars that have been sitting a long time. Everything we're looking at is junk.

Then went to a used car dealership. They advertised a low price on the internet then add 4 grand when you sit down with them. I told them in the most polite way to forget it. Then the guy started getting mad and said i disrespected him for taking the car on an extended test drive. He said i had it for 45 minutes (it was Friday afternoon rush hour traffic with long lights etc) So friggin what? No used car fuck yells at me. You guys would have loved to see me go off on those car salesman. It was a thing of beauty. I dropped about 20 m-fers at them. The manager said he was going to call the police and started trying to give me and the wife the bum's rush. I told him i'd deck his ass if he took one more step closer to us. There were salesmen scurring around all over the place. It was mayhem. We were the only customers in the place.

Then you would really love this part. As we were getting in the vette. They yelled "i'll give you 500 bucks for that vette" the wife yelled back 'this car isnt' for sale like your soul" and "see if you can eat that fucking car" i yelled "give me a call when you have the going out of business sale"

We'll give it another go tomorrow. Know any good bail bondsmen?

Last edited:
Went out shopping for a car today. There was a really nice 2007 Mustang at the Ford dealer with 700 miles on it. Owned by an 84 year old man for one week then he brought it back. Still smells new inside. Almost ready to go get a check and the wife asked him to pop the trunk. There was a handfull of eaten up sunflower seeds in there. MOUSE. This is a major suburban Boston Ford dealer with this crap. Dammit. You have to be carefull with cars that have been sitting a long time. Everything we're looking at is junk.

Then went to a used car dealership. They advertised a low price on the internet then add 4 grand when you sit down with them. I told them in the most polite way to forget it. Then the guy started getting mad and said i disrespected him for taking the car on an extended test drive. He said i had it for 45 minutes (it was Friday afternoon rush hour traffic with long lights etc) So friggin what? No used car fuck yells at me. You guys would have loved to see me go off on those car salesman. It was a thing of beauty. I dropped about 20 m-fers at them. The manager said he was going to call the police and started trying to give me and the wife the bum's rush. I told him i'd deck his ass if he took one more step closer to us. There were salesmen scurring around all over the place. It was mayhem. We were the only customers in the place.

Then you would really love this part. As we were getting in the vette. They yelled "i'll give you 500 bucks for that vette" the wife yelled back 'this car isnt' for sale like your soul" and "see if you can eat that fucking car" i yelled "give me a call when you have the going out of business sale"

Ok Jim...nothing personal man, but I am laughing my friggin ass off. Don't think I would have acted the same way as you, but that sure is funny....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Better luck tomorrow....and lowball the hell out of them...

Ok Jim...nothing personal man, but I am laughing my friggin ass off. Don't think I would have acted the same way as you, but that sure is funny....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Better luck tomorrow....and lowball the hell out of them...

DITTO!!, Jim, you funny as hell sometimes.....get hold of Polar Bear on CF OT section....he some wig at a stealership.....I think it's in California though....

A sparky friend wired up some dealerships in the OC. They are bugged. When the salesman goes to "Ask the manager,", he is REALLY listening to you and the spouse talk. I KNEW this, and whenever he left the room, I told the wife "So and so is cheaper, let's leave." They always rushed back in.
Morale of the story, play them like a script. If they don't know YOU know.......
I took the kids and let them go to town, playing on the couch, running around, fucked with their heads, and dragged THEM down. I bought my 88 dually new, CHEAP for the time.;)

So far every place we've been has been a ghost-town. I think we are going to see some serious carnage in the coming months.

Yep. I saw an ad today for an 09 mustang. $17,000 after incentives. Probably stripped, but still WAY lower than they were.

Problem/Repair sheet

Problem......Mouse in trunk

Repair........Cat installed

:crutches: Then you get to clean up the cat pee.....

wife insists on feeding the neighborhood stray/mooches, this goes from birds/squirrels/cats/dawgs....whatever comes around....

I have a problem in the garage some daze.....had to put a door set on the workshop, don't ask....

:crutches::(

A sparky friend wired up some dealerships in the OC. They are bugged. When the salesman goes to "Ask the manager,", he is REALLY listening to you and the spouse talk. I KNEW this, and whenever he left the room, I told the wife "So and so is cheaper, let's leave." They always rushed back in.
Morale of the story, play them like a script. If they don't know YOU know.......
I took the kids and let them go to town, playing on the couch, running around, fucked with their heads, and dragged THEM down. I bought my 88 dually new, CHEAP for the time.;)

I never sit there and talk to the wife. When they go into their "I need to talk to the manager mode" I always go outside and act like I'm going to leave.

Problem/Repair sheet

Problem......Mouse in trunk

Repair........Cat installed

:crutches: Then you get to clean up the cat pee.....

wife insists on feeding the neighborhood stray/mooches, this goes from birds/squirrels/cats/dawgs....whatever comes around....

I have a problem in the garage some daze.....had to put a door set on the workshop, don't ask....

:crutches::(

My neighborhood is surrounded by 3 wildlife reserves (one right behind our house). Talk about critter problems, we have coyotes, deer, bobcats, racoons, hawks to name a few. I swear there are signs in the wildlife reserve: Food at the Mariani's house this way ~>
My wife is more than willing to feed them if they come in our yard. This can be a problem because there is one blue jay in paticular that goes to our back patio and chirps ever so loudly until she comes to give it bread. She has fed racoons and even thrown left over turkey carcasses into the canyon behind our home. She thinks that all the animals need to be fed.

I have to ask why you put a door set on the workshop

Last edited: