I saw 2009 ZR-1 fast run at Nurburgring

I was there too with finnshark and the rest of the crew, had tons of fun again. We were the first ones to be up and close with the ZR1's. There were 4 complete production ZR1's there ( red, orange, dark dark blue and silver) and 4 mules which 2 were pretty much all ZR1's and 2 were Z06's converted to ZR1's, with LS9 and the carbon brakes, the hood etc, but stock Z06 interiors and rest of the bodywork. After about 2.5 minutes been there in their test center yard we were told to leave or else... :huh:

Luckily we managed to take some pose pics with some of the cars (an inside joke)... :rolleyes:

ZR1jaVilMik.jpg

ZRjaJani.jpg

ZRmuulitakaa.jpg

GMemployee.jpg

GM says that they can out run any production car on the "ring" in full prduction form (stock suspension, tires, pump gas etc) with the new ZR1 and after seeing that thing fly through thr corners it's hard to argue with them... :nuts:

I really like the looks of the new Z06 and ZR1, very well balanced design, not too sure about the window in the hood, but still, very nice cars. The new Viper is like a toned down design of the old GTS, everything is just bit less mean looking than the old one was... I like mine. :nuts:

tex07004_jpg.jpg

...........not so sure about that, Jay (not to take anything away from the GTS) and it would shock the hell out of me if the ZR1 could keep pace with this monster, which has kicked the ever living piss out of every production car it has faced.

2008ACR.jpg

I like the ACR in all black

The red with the stripes looks like it came from tokyo drift

I'm not too crazy about the ricer wings either

ACR2.jpg

Last edited:
Yellow, I'm not too crazy about the appearance of the wing, either and the dark wheels have to go. However, keep in mind that the wing is functional, unlike the junk you see on the sh1tcan ricers. Those junks would never have use for a wing and they say pure poser. The ACR Viper is carefully engineered to produce optimum downforce at speed to keep the tires planted on the ground. Everything from the suspension tuning to the rigid frame to the torque of the V10 engine make it possible and make this car vastly superior over any production car to date (in road course performance). The point I made was that the new generation Viper has come into its own and it is not "toned down" or "less mean looking" than it used to be, although I love the GTS Viper styling as well.

I like the black wheels though
That is not surprising. Most people seem to like black wheels but to me, too much black makes the car look like the batmobile and there isn't any contrast between the tires and wheels. Maybe a polished lip with black centers would look better or a set of Iforged with anthracite centers. Some guy put some Iforged anthracite wheels on a black Gen 2 RT Viper (which I normally don't like at all) and it made the car look great.

Has the ACR been to nurburgring? It would be interesting to see the times

I was there too with finnshark and the rest of the crew, had tons of fun again. We were the first ones to be up and close with the ZR1's. There were 4 complete production ZR1's there ( red, orange, dark dark blue and silver) and 4 mules which 2 were pretty much all ZR1's and 2 were Z06's converted to ZR1's, with LS9 and the carbon brakes, the hood etc, but stock Z06 interiors and rest of the bodywork. After about 2.5 minutes been there in their test center yard we were told to leave or else...

I wonder what those guys at GM though. First you were there with couple of friends, then I was there with Energy, then two more Corvette guys from Finland... :D You got some pics, but then got thrown away, we got a nice chat with a GM guy (thanks to him for a short talk about ZR!), people after us got to see the car, but GM guys were just watching them from the garage door...

Has the ACR been to nurburgring? It would be interesting to see the times

No it has not and the Viper community is anxious to run it there. However, all that downforce produced by the car hurts its top speed. In fact the top speed on the ACR is about 20 mph less than that of the standard Viper. I'm not sure if this would affect the results it would achieve at Nurburgring. On road courses, it has absolutely dominated any production car made.

Last edited:
the green hell is all corners, very few straights, although there are a good amount of high speed sections.

Nurburgring2.jpg