I saw 2009 ZR-1 fast run at Nurburgring

I am not too fond of the new vette styling...but to each his own.

Sad, are you going to put the rocker panels back on? Doesn't look good without them.

Of course they will be put back on. First I have to get the sidepipes ceramic coated. The sidetubes in the pic are not even the ones that go with the headers (they are Stahl headers with the old Hooker side tubes on them in the pic). The Stahl side tubes need to be trimmed since the ends are embarrassingly long and stupid looking. I might go with a different year rocker panel so that they are black instead of silver.

Last edited:
OK, yellow, this means war!

Viperpics048.jpg

2008ACR.jpg

Last edited:
Sadistic, didnt I read in the Viper forums that you own a 08 zo6?

I do not own a Z06. I was considering getting one before I bought the GTS, but decided not to after driving a few of them and seeing how bad the paint was. I like the bright blue one but at this point, I have enough cars. To be honest, I prefer the Z06 over the ZR1, since it is about 200 pounds lighter in weight. It would be easier to get 100hp more out of a Z06 than to remove 200 pounds from a ZR1. I also prefer a normally aspirated corvette over a supercharged one.

Damn yellow, that's a smoking looking car. i like how the Z06 and the ZR1 look, especially the Z is one mean machine.

Seriously, I like both the viper and vette but if I had to choose I'd take the zr1

That would be my last pic of the three. The Z06 is 200 pounds lighter, looks better without that silly window in the hood (LMAO, what were they thinking?) and can easily be hopped up the 100hp it lacks from the ZR1.

Viper? The '08 ACR Viper will demolish the ZR1 on a road course, as it has every other production car. By GM's own admission, the Z06 is a better road course car than the ZR1. The ACR Viper beat an '08 Z06 by over 6 seconds on a road course driven by Car & Driver. I guess if you like brilliant orange peel, weak drivetrains and stodgy styling, you would have to go with the corvette. Am I biased? Nah, I have 2 of each, although my vettes are older than the hills (but there is a reason for that). If GM came out with a 2009 aluminum big block 502 c.i. vette, I'd be all over one. Superchargers are not my cup of tea, although who does not like a Ford GT?

Vipers are cool and all, and I respect their performance, they are nice cars, but if I won the lottery tomorrow and could buy anything I want, the Viper would be far down on my list.

That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it.

Oh, by-the-way, the fourth car on my dream list that I would buy would be Sadi's C3.

Don't even try to say that it ain't for sale, everything is for sale for the right price.:D

I'd HAVE to buy a red Z06, to haul my red Z06 boat that I'd have (I happen to know where I can get one for $92,000 right now boat #21).:D

Road and track results aren't reliable though

In the Race around America, it won 11 of 12 races and the race it lost was in the rain. It dominated everything from Z06's to Lambos, Ferraris, etc. There isn't any denying that the ACR has raised the bar in a big way. Thanks, Smokey. I'll take 4th any day. If you raced your C3 vette against a UPS truck, you would be lucky to gain 6 seconds a lap! Road & Track are idiots because despite the sh1t kicking the ACR delivered, they picked the Nissan GTR, the ugliest, slowest, heaviest car in the shootout. Even so, the numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't mean to insult, here's the list up to ten.

1. Yenko Nova
2. Baldwin Motion Corvette
3. '68 Cobra
4. Sadi's 'vette
5. C6 Z06
6. Z06 boat
7. H1 HMMV
8. '57 Bel Air Convertable
9. '49 Lincoln
10. C6R #3

You should feel privileged to be in the top ten. :thumbs:

The only one that is lottery worthy is the c6r

Otherwise they aren't too outrageous

Just goes, once again, to prove that I have the wrong job. I'd much rather be driving that ZR-1

Me too... But after watching those drivers running around the track we came to conclusion that even test drivers job is a job. After a while you get bored. and that shows... there was one testdriver running M-B ne SUV, tires were screaming but the driver drove with one hand. The other hand was holding a cigarrette... So, afterall it's just a job. Still, I would be very happy to have that kind of job...

Sadistic, I doubt that Z06 would be faster on the road course than ZR1. Nurburgring is kind of road course and ZR is much faster there than Z06.

I guess time will tell, Finnshark but according to GM engineers, the Z06 is better suited for road courses and handling because it is about 200 pounds lighter and the supercharged ZR1 would have heat soak issues. There is some discrepancy concerning the ZR1's times at Nurburgring since it was timed with a running start and many other cars were timed from a dead stop. Maybe the ZR1 could run a single lap on par or better than a Z06 but from what I have read, the Z06 is the better car for road courses for the reasons I mentioned.

Smokeyvette, I was not complaining at all. I am flattered that you like my vette that much.

Thanks Yellow! We are there behind the fence at 5:35 in Youtube video (about 5:15 lap time position). It's kind of hard to see us there, but that's the point where I shoot my pic.

It seems that the top speed was 179mph. About 1mph faster than RUF Porsche Turbo 911 and Lambo Gallardo LP560 they were testing there one evening. :thumbs: